Chapter thirty-nine - We need a break

Hunter's POV:

It has been a month since my accident and Lexi is still acting the same. I went back to my house, but she is coming every day to see me. It's not like I mind, but I am good. I feel like the old me. No more pain and luckily no more medicines. I understand that she is scared, but sometimes she makes me feel like a prisoner in my own house.

Currently, I am in school. One girl is trying to get my attention, but to be honest if this is all that she can do, it's not worth it.

- Are you listening to me? I am talking to you, Hunter. - she said annoyed

- Look if I haven't made it clear, I am taken. Moreover, you can't offer me something better than all that I have. So if you don't mind, leave me alone.

- If you keep rejecting girls, no one will want to go out with you.

- I don't want to go out with anyone else. I am happy with my relationship.

Wait, am I? Lately what we do with Lexi is arguing about everything. I understand that all she wants to do is to take care of me, but it past one month. One freaking month. I don't want to be ungrateful to her, but that's enough. I am tired of her or of our arguments. I really want things to get back to normal.

After school, I went to meet Aaron, Ricky, and Emma in their house. I knocked and Emma opened the door. I walked in and sit next to Aaron.

- Look who decides to come. How are you, man?

- Good? I don't even know. It's complicated.

- Why? Did something happen with you or it's with Lexi? - Emma asked

- With both. Lately what we do is argue and I am tired of her. I mean of this. I'm not tired of Lexi. Since the accident she became impossible. We argue even for the little things. I want things to back to normal.

- Dude give her time to adjust to the situation. Maybe she is still a little bit scared of what happened to you. Soon everything will be ok. - Ricky said

- Ricky, it passed one month. Sometimes I feel like a prisoner in my own house. I like when she is with me, but now she is a different person. I barely can go out.

- Does she know how you feel? I suggest you talk with her about that. You two need to understand each other. You can't argue all the time. As a girl, I'll tell you that we don't like to argue with boys much. Or at least me.

- So all of you are telling me to talk with Lexi? And how do you think that it'll finish? Let me tell you. We'll start arguing for something else. And again we won't do anything.

- I'll agree with Emma. You two have to communicate. There is no other way. If you don't want to do it personally, send her a message. But to be honest it better be in person.

- Of course that you'll agree. You're dating her.

- I didn't say it because of that. Hunter if you want to makeup, you need to talk.

- Aaron, won't you say something or the words can't come out?

- They said everything that I would say. I know that you don't like the idea, but this is the only thing that you can do at the moment.

- Since all, you're saying it, ok. I will talk with Lexi. I hope that it'll go well. I don't want us to argue again.

We chatted for a while. Meanwhile, I texted Lexi and she agreed to talk with me. I am nervous about that. My only wish is to make up the things, but I'm not sure is that possible. Sometimes I want to go back to the beginning of our relationship. It wasn't that complicated back then. I said goodbye to the boys and Emma and walk out. We decide to meet at our place. Maybe it can bring us luck.