Chapter twenty-nine - I want her dead

Lexi's POV:
It's Friday. Finally, the weekend has come. Since I am in good mood, I decide to dress up a bit. I think to call Hunter to come and get me later. Another reason why I must look good. Not like he cares about that. I put on my usual: black ripped jeans with a white crop top saying "I hate you" and sneakers. I let my hair down because Hunter likes to play with it. I don't have any complaints about that, since I do the same with his.

I walk downstairs for breakfast, but no one was there. Probably it's because I woke up late. It's already 9 am and my first class will finish soon. I ate my food and then go to school. As I walk in I saw a poster. It says: "School dances tonight. Take your date and come to have fun!". I forgot that this stupid thing is today. I hate dances and the main reason is that girls have to wear dresses. Something that I'll never put on me.

- Will you come tonight? You can bring your boyfriend as your date. It'll be nice. - Mike said

- We don't go to things like that. This is way too girly for me. But I like the idea about the date. Maybe I'll go on one.

- For what are the two birds talking about? Dude, don't even think it. She is taken and you know it. - Andy said

- Who said that I am asking her about the dances? And I know she is taken. But even if she wasn't, Lexi won't come with someone like me.

- No, I would go with you, but somewhere else. Where people actually do something fun. I have to go now. See you later boys. - I told them and left

I wonder do they have dates. It's not of my business. But I know which people should go to together. Katy and Josh. I'll convince him to ask her. I know that she won't deny it. Well if she didn't accept yet. I saw Josh standing by his locker reading a book. I went to him, waiting to notice me. Soon he lifted his head and looked at me.

- Can I help you? Why are you looking at me like that?

- I want to ask you something. Do you have a date for the dances tonight? And before you think it, I'm not asking for myself.

- Not yet. But for who are you asking then? It's for Katy, right?

- Yes, that's right. I want you to take her to the dances tonight and no isn't acceptable.

- Look Lexi, I know what you are trying to do. But even if I take her nothing will happen. We are friends and always will be.

- But do you want it to be that way? Do you want you two to be only friends?

- I like my status with Katy up to now and I'm not thinking to change it. I know you want to help for which I thank you, but don't rush things.

- Then I hope you enjoy being lonely on Friday night. - I said and left

Who knew that it'll be that hard to convince him. And that I'll fail to do it. At least I tried. Hunter texted me that now he is going out of the town, so after two hours, he'll be here. In that case, I can go to one more class. Note to me: don't kill people while you play dodgeball. Let's say that I have strong hands and throw a little bit better than the rest.

After my sports class, I went to my locker. I look around and saw Barbie talking with Hunter. I felt my blood boiling. I guess she saw that and did the one thing that will make me kill her. She kissed him. That's it. I have been too good with her. Now it's time to teach her a lesson. I went straight to her and hit her in the face.

- What the hell is wrong with you? It's not my fault that your boyfriend likes me more.

I hit her again. Gladly Hunter didn't stop me. I know that he'll do it when things go too far which by the look of the things will be very soon. Barbie deserves it and we both know it. I decided that her face is ruined enough and that's why I gave her one hit in her stomach. She cried out which means that it hurts. I can't believe that no one helped her. In moments like that, you see who are your real friends.