Chapter thirty-seven - Going home

Lexi's POV:

Finally, the doctor said that Hunter could go home. It has been a rough week, but at least now, he feels better. The doctor will check him one more time and I will give him some instructions. Since the fact that Hunter hasn't recovered completely, he has to take some medicines. Mostly I guess pain killers. While he was sleeping I decide to go back home to talk with my aunt and uncle. I want to take Hunter at home until he recovers or at least for a couple of days.

As I walk in I saw my uncle and aunt talking in the living room. I made my way over to them. I hope that they could let him stay.

- Hey Lexi, how are you? For what do you want to talk with us? - my aunt asked me

- Well... you know that one of my friends had a car crash like a week ago. - I said nervously

- Friend or boyfriend? - she chuckled

- Leave her to say what she wants. Go on Lexi. - my uncle replied

- So I was thinking since today he has to go home and I'm sure that nobody will be there, can he stay here for a couple of days? It will be only until he recovers completely. Then Hunter will go home. I'm not forcing you, but decide to ask will you allow him to stay here. Don't worry, nothing will happen with the house.

- Why are you asking us and now your parents? He is dating you, not Katy. - my aunt said

- That's true, but this is your house, not to my parents. Look if you don't want that's ok. I can let him stay with Aaron, Ricky, and Emma. Just I'm not sure will they take care of him.

I waited for an answer. I hope that they'll agree. Well if not we can go to live with our friends for a while. Yes, I am going with him, because they won't take proper care. I don't want to be like a babysitter, but I want to make sure that he is ok. I can't go through the same thing again.

- I think that couple of days won't be a problem. Since no one is at his house he is welcome here. But no funny business under my roof, ok? - my aunt chuckled

- Thank you so much and don't worry. We don't do things like that or at least what you mean. Now it's not the time. To be honest I don't even know when it'll be.

- You are young. There is time for everything. I kissed your aunt on our first month together. Before that, I didn't want to do it.

- Why did you wait that long? You didn't want to rush or...?

- That too, but I was afraid that I won't do it at the right moment. I wanted it to be special and when we both are ready for it.

- It's nice. Mine was on our first date. That day he said that he wants to be only with me. I don't know, probably I love him that much, because back then... let's say that I had hard times and he was always with me. Literally, I couldn't do anything alone. - I laughed

- Sometimes the most unexpected person can make is happy. And if you really love this person, fight for him.

I never expected that from my aunt. But I'm glad that they showed some support and let Hunter stay here. Katy has luck with parents like them.

- I have done it a couple of times already. I don't like when girls check him out. Ok, I will go back to the hospital, because Hunter probably has woken up. Thank you again for letting him stay here.

- It's ok sweetie. The most important thing for him is to recover. Go now and we'll wait for you for dinner.

I thanked her again and left. I can't wait to finally take him home. I don't know will he want to come, but he doesn't have a choice anyway. I can be very convincing. During the whole ride, I was thinking about what to say to make him come with me. All I want is Hunter to feel ok and to take a rest.