Chapter fourteen - Happy anniversary pt.1

Hunter's POV:

Today is the day. It's my and Lexi's 3 year anniversary. Time really flies fast. It's like yesterday when we met. But back then we were hating each other or not understanding like now. So I decided to stick with the carnival idea which Emma gave me. At least for the day. Lexi might be a bad girl, but she is also a big kid, so this is perfect. I'll leave her to decide what we'll do tonight. I called her to say that I'll come and pick her up. Her parents were already gone somewhere, so there is nobody in the house. I am safe. When I arrived, I knock just to get the door opened by my pretty girlfriend, looking better than ever.

- What? Is there a problem? - she asked me

- No. I'm just happy to see you. That's it.

- Then why are you looking at me like that? Like I'm a fresh piece of meat. - she chuckled

- Because you look amazing. Well, you always are, but today you hit differently.

- I decide since it's a special day to look a little bit better than usual. Can we go now? In case someone comes home.

- Sure. All you need is to hold tight, but first... - I said and gave her a kiss

- I have missed that a lot.

- And I have missed you.

Lexi was holding me a little bit tighter than usual. I guess she has these thoughts again. She might have never told me, but it doesn't mean that I don't know. She's worried that one day I might leave, but I'm not planning to do it soon or at all.

After we arrive I park my motorcycle in front of the entrance of the carnival. Lexi's eyes went wild when she saw where we are. She looked at me with the biggest smile on her face. This girl is so cute that I couldn't resist and kiss her. I assume that today I'll do this a lot. Not like she'll mind.

- You bring me here? At the carnival? Thank you so much. You are amazing, you know?

- I think I do, but thanks. I hope that you'll like it.

- No, I love it. Let's go now. There are so many things that I want to try. - she said pulling my hand

- Ok, ok. Calm down, girl.

Lexi is the biggest kid that I have ever known. Our first stop was for food since she still hasn't eaten her breakfast. We get hotdogs with French fries. You can see that she was hungry. Later we went to the rubber ducks. Basically, all you have to do is take a fishing rod and catch ducks that have points at the bottom. You have to catch 9 and the number of points which you get from all of them is what price you'll get.

- You miss having 150 points in total. You can choose whatever you want from this area.

- I want the keychain with the little teddy bear.

- Here you go. Have a nice day.

- Are you happy? By the way, the bear is really soft and fluffy. Just like you.

- I am. But will be even more if you win me another teddy bear. But it better be from the small ones. The others are way too big and take too much space.

- As you say, miss. Today I'm on your survives.

- That's what I wanted to hear. - she smile and kiss my cheek which made me smile as well

We played couple more games for like an hour and then we went to sit on a bench. Lexi was tired, no matter that she won't admit it. At least she was happy. Something that you won't see every day and with everyone. She may look sociable, but she has trust issues as well. Except for her friends and me she hasn't told anyone else everything. And by everything, I mean absolutely everything. But I understand her.