Chapter forty - I knew that I'll regret it

Lexi's POV:

It passed one week since I and Hunter took a break. The worst decision ever. I don't even know why I said it. I was just angry and wanted to stop arguing. I hate this. I hate everything. My life, my school, this stupid break, and Hunter. I hate that I love him so much. If I could, I happily would disappear again. But I don't think that this time Hunter will search for me.

I called my friends to ask if Hunter is at their house. Gladly he isn't. I need a good talk. After school, I'll go to see them. Now I am going for lunch because I haven't eaten anything since I woke up.

- Lexi, what are you thinking about? The whole day your head is somewhere else.

- What? Sorry, I wasn't listening to you.

- That's what I mean. Is there a problem? You are like that whole week.

- Hunter and I took a break. For unlimited time. Already has passed a week. I don't know what to do. I miss him like hell, but it's my fault that it happened.

- But why did you do that? You are the perfect couple. I mean that you two understand each other perfectly.

- That's what it looked like. In reality, we were arguing about everything. Even for the smallest things.

- How did he agree to that? I'm sure that it wasn't easy.

- I convinced him. I love Hunter so much, but I needed a break. I was tired of all these arguments. I don't even know how we started them. He said that after the accident I have changed. But all I wanted is him to be ok. I can't let something like this happen again.

- Look, I understand you, but don't you think that you went a little bit too far. I mean he can walk now and feels good. You need to calm down.

- I thought that you are on my side. But I guess that you took his. I'll remember that.

- I don't want to take a side. But you need to talk again. How I see the first time wasn't a huge success. Moreover, you are a disaster the whole week. You teased each other enough.

- I don't think that he'll want to talk with me. Especially after all the things that I said. And I know that because at his place I would do the same.

- Well it's worth a try. You never know what might happen.

- I don't know. Things are already complicated and I definitely don't want to make them worse. I caused enough problems between us.

- If he really loves you, which I know that it's true, he will want you back. More than everything. Yes, he might not show it at the beginning, but if you say and do the right things, he will say it. I'm sure that he misses you a lot.

- You are saying this because we are friends.

- No, I say this, because I have seen it. Lexi, you two are meant for each other. I have never seen someone who will love you that much, that he would give his life for you. Hunter is spoiling you because he wants you to feel special. He has bought all these things for you, to express his love. He loves you, Lexi. More than anyone in this world. And I see that you do too. It's visible that you can't live separately.

- For now, I won't do anything, because I don't want more arguments. I really want him back, but if we're going to argue again, I prefer to be alone.

- I'll tell you only one thing. Follow your heart. What it tells you is the right decision. Trust me.

- Thanks, Katy. I will leave you. I promised to see the boys and Emma at their house.

I get up and left. Aaron said that after an hour they'll be at home, which left me one hour to do something. There wasn't much traffic so I arrive quickly. I parked my motorcycle in front of the house and knocked. Nobody answered. I did it again, but I receive the same result. I called Aaron, but he didn't pick up. I tried with Emma and Ricky, but there was no result.