Chapter twenty-four - What's next?

Hunter's POV:
I haven't seen or talked with Lexi for three days. Her parents understood about boxing and I'm pretty sure that they are angry. And it's not only because she hid it. I want to call her, to make sure that she is ok, but I can't. I don't know where is she. If Lexi is with her parents, it'll be better if I don't do it. Let's not tell them everything. Maybe I can't see her, but I can see our friends. I grabbed my motorcycle and went to Aaron's house. At least he can tell me what to do. I ring the bell and Ricky opened the door.

- Hey man, is there a problem? You look like someone has died. - he chuckled

- It is worse. Can I come in now? I'll explain everything.

He let me in and I sit on the couch next to Aaron, who looked at me with a worried expression. Am I that transparent?

- Do you know anything about Lexi? How is she? Is she in trouble or grounded? - I asked

- I don't know. I haven't talked with her since Friday. - Aaron replied

- So, it's not only me then. Has anyone talked with her? Ricky, Emma?

I really hope that one of them did. I'm worried about her. I hope that she is ok.

- Sorry man, but none of us has heard her since the match. But I'm sure that she is ok. Lexi is a strong girl and even if you ground her, she'll escape. - Ricky said

- I am worried. What if her parents forbid her to box? This is her life. She can't live without it.

- No, you are her life. Boxing is more like a thing to keep her busy and to express her anger. Hunter, you may not realize it, but she can live without boxing, but not without you. Yes, it's true that Lexi is boxing before she met you, but that doesn't mean that you are not more important to her. - Emma said

- Maybe, but she still likes boxing. This is one of the few things that she likes. And they are not much.

- Look, we understand you, but you need to calm down. Lexi is ok.

- I won't calm down until I don't hear it from her.

- Then call her or send her a message. Ask her if she is ok and if she says yes, then you can relax and stop thinking about it.

- It's not that easy. What if her parents have taken her phone because this is the only way for her to talk with us? I can't risk it.

- While you two were talking I send her a message. - Ricky said

- What? When? Did she answer yet? What did you write?

- I wrote " Hey Lexi. How are you? Someone here is a nervous wreck and wants to know are you ok. I hope you get for who I am talking about. Call us when you can."

- How could you write this? You couldn't make it more obvious.

- Hey, I didn't say your name. If they read it, they'll think about Aaron, because he is super protective. So you mister are safe. You no need to thank me.

We chatted for a while. They told me to calm down for the millionth time. I don't know what to do. Later I went back home and start scrolling through my old messages and pictures with Lexi. This only made things worse. I miss her like crazy. I really hope that she is ok and everything with her parents is fine. I decided to try to take a nap. This didn't help either. I couldn't fall asleep. That's it, I'm calling her. But before I have any chance to do it, I heard the doorbell. When I opened the front door, my mood immediately changed.

- Can I come in or I am not welcome anymore?

- OMG, Lexi! I have been worried for you. I have missed you so much. - I said hugging her