Chapter twenty-three - They shouldn't be here

Lexi's POV:

It's Friday, which means that I have to fight tonight. I decide to stay only in three classes and then go to train. Aaron said that he'll help me. I called Hunter, Emma, and Ricky to make sure that they'll come to watch me. Since they started dating Emma and Ricky spend a lot of time together, which is sweet. This reminds me of my relationship.

I went to the arena which was almost empty. I quickly change myself and start training. When I train I usually lose track of time. I guess it was lunchtime since Hunter spread with food. I get it and start eating. I was tired and hungry. I need my energy back.

- Babe, are you ready to kick some a*ses? Because that's what I want to see from you tonight. - he said and kissed my cheek while I was eating

- I think I am. And if you want it, I'll make you this favor.

In my head popped yesterday's conversation with my mom. Should I trust her? She wasn't there for me in my most important years. When I was growing up. I only had my friends. I don't know does she means what she is saying or it's a trick to tell her everything. Why it has to be so difficult? I guess that Hunter noticed that I was worried. He lifted my chin and place a sweet soft kiss on my lips.

- Lexi, what's wrong? You looked worried. Did something happen?

- No, I just had a weird conversation with my mom. She was nice and said that she wants to talk with me and that if I want I can share everything with her.

- Are you sure that this was your mom? - Hunter said chuckling

- It was, I'm sure. But I don't know should I trust her. You know what is our relationship. Very complicated.

- If you ask me, you shouldn't reveal everything. I mean if you want, talk with her, but don't tell her everything. Or at least don't do it now. After all, it's up to you.

- I know and thank you. I know that I can share everything with you. - I said and gave him a kiss

I train couple more hours and then went home to get prepared. I get a shower and change into comfy clothes. I went downstairs to get some food before I leave. I met my mom in the kitchen. I get worried again. I decided to put my thoughts at the back of my head and pretend as nothing has happened.

- Hi, mom. I'll go out tonight, so don't wait for me for dinner.

- With your friends, right? I guess they are more important than us. Why don't you tell me the truth and let's get over with it?

- I knew it. All that you said yesterday was just to make me tell you everything. I was sure that you didn't care about me. How could I be so stupid? For a second I thought that you actually have changed. I guess I'll never have a normal mother, who will accept me. - I said and walk away

I felt tears in my eyes. I really want to have an understanding mother. Maybe I don't have luck. I get on my motorcycle and storm off. When I walk inside of the arena, I spot Hunter and I immediately run to him. I needed a hug so bad. He asked what is the problem, but I didn't answer. It never took me much time to break down. Hunter took me to sit on the bench in our locker room and hug me tight. Soon I calm down and he lifts my chin to carefully wipe my tears.

- Lexi, are you ok? What happened? You were in good mood today.

- I talk with my mom. Nothing of it was real. Hunter, she lied to me. She never wanted to listen to me. All she wanted from me was to tell her everything.

- I'm so sorry. She shouldn't treat you like that. Both with your father need to understand how amazing actually you are. They need to see your good side, not focus on your bad ones.