Chapter thirty-three - Explanation

Lexi's POV:
Hunter still hasn't woken up. I hope that he is ok. For now, he looks better. I mean he is not that pale as yesterday and the blue stains are almost gone. We will see what are his test results. They better be good. All I want is Hunter to wake up, nothing else matters.

I was sitting on the bed, holding his hand. You know that in the fairytale snow white and the seven dwarfs the prince kiss the princess. Well in our story it's exactly the opposite. I get up and kiss his lips softly. I hope that he can feel it. I heard that the door was closed and saw my parents. I think that it's time to explain everything. I wanted to make it when Hunter is awake, but maybe it's better if I do it now.

- Here, I get you hot chocolate. How are you, honey? - my mom asked

- I'm fine, thanks, mom.

- Look, I don't want to rush things, but I think that it's time for you to give us an explanation. - my dad said

- I know and I will. But you better sit down. The story is long.

Both of them sit down on the little couch which was in the room. I look at them to see are they ready to listen to me. I was a little bit nervous to tell them everything, but soon or not they were going to understand.

- So who is this boy and why do you care that much about him? - dad asked

- This is Hunter. He... he is my boyfriend. And before you say anything can you listen to me at first? Then you can say whatever you want. All I want you is to listen to me for once. Can you do it?

- Fine, we will listen to you. But you have to tell us everything. No more hiding, ok? - my mom said

- Don't worry. Nothing left to hide. Let's start from the beginning. Hunter and I met before more than three years ago. At first, I didn't like him at all. He basically was doing the same things as me and I don't like copycats. After more than two months of arguing I gave up. Then he said that he wants to start everything from the beginning. Somehow, we manage to become friends. I usually don't let people get close to me, but I decide to trust him. It turned out that he isn't as bad as I thought.

I looked at my parents. I thought that they'll say something, that they'll be angry, but there were no words or emotions. With that, I continue telling our story.

- Now I have to admit that sometimes when I was skipping classes, Hunter was coming with me. Well, this friendship didn't last long, because one day he took me to one place and said that he likes me. To be honest, I didn't expect that, but I decided to try. I still didn't trust him completely. I think that he noticed it because he proved to be a million times the opposite. His parents also don't know about me. We didn't hide it from them. The thing is that they don't even care about him. I don't know what is their job, but all I know is that they always travel and when they are here, the work is getting first place. They are never at home together. If Hunter is there, both of them will be out. I felt horrible about that. I know that back then I and you weren't in best relations, but at least you cared about me even a little. His parents never did it. He was alone, had no one else. That's why I don't blame him for who he is. In the most important years of his life, he had no support. Later I understood why is so protective sometimes and always with me. Hunter never wanted me to feel the same as him. I have told him about our relationship and that we don't understand each other that much.

- Ok, I understand that, but why did you hide him? Why didn't you tell us? - mom asked

- Because I was afraid that if I told you, first you'll make us break up and second he'll be dead and I grounded for life. I know that hiding wasn't the best decision, but at that moment it looked right. I didn't want to lose the only person who was listening to me. Unlike you, he never judged me or my choices. He liked me the way I was with all my flaws. I won't lie that he was getting in trouble a lot, but I never judged him for that. The only thing that I have told him was to watch out. I have never imagined that I'll let someone be that close to me and that I can love someone. Probably because he is the same as me, I was feeling comfortable being around him. I'm sorry that I lied and hid him all the time.