Chapter thirteen - Girls night

Lexi's POV:

This weekend is my third anniversary with Hunter. It feels like yesterday when we met. In the beginning, I didn't like him at all. But then we decide to start again and manage to become friends. That didn't last long and very soon he asked me out. I couldn't say no. You can imagine the rest. He might be a bad boy most of the time, but when it comes to me he'll do everything. I have to admit that it still gets me when other girls check him out. I know that he won't cheat, but somehow this makes me jealous.

Since I have no idea what to wear for our anniversary or what should I get Hunter I decide to have a girl talk. Basically, it'll be a slumber party with me, Katy and Emma. My parents have to roll with it. Emma is the most innocent of us. Let's say that she has been in less trouble. I know that they will help me. Moreover, Emma knows Hunter from the very beginning, so she can give me a good idea for his present.

Now it's my last break before I go. I have to admit that I am kind of nervous because Hunter never told me what we'll be doing. I like surprises, but I wish that he has given me a hint. Should I dress official or more comfortably? I was lost in my thoughts when I heard Katy talking to me.

- Earth to Lexi. Where are you? You look worried.

- I'm here, just thinking. That's it.

- Stop worrying about the weekend. Everything will be fine. Moreover, it's Hunter, not a complete stranger. He loves you just the way you are.

- I know that. Just... I still believe that this is a dream and soon I'll wake up.

- Girl, this weekend you are making 3 years together. How can you still worry about things like that? Everything between you is more than perfect.

- I don't know. I always have thoughts like that at the back of my head. Every time when this day comes or is one of our birthdays I start to worry. I know that nothing will happen but still can't help it.

- It'll be fine. He won't something that you don't like. Hunter will do everything to make you happy.

- He is way too perfect same as our relationship. What if I screw everything up?

- You won't do it. Go home and take a nap. You need this. Just relax, ok?

- Yes. Thank you, Katy. By the way, I think to invite Emma and to have a girl talk. Want to join? It'll be only us. She is the only girl that I have a friend. And now you.

- Sure, I would love to. Thanks, Lexi. - she smiled and left for her next class

I really need to relax. If I continue to worry, I might really screw the things. I didn't feel sleepy, so I decide to watch something in my room. While I was searching for a nice TV show to watch I called Emma to ask her will she comes and she agreed. I can use the time while she is here to ask how are things with Ricky. She wasn't been drunk soon, so they have kept it clean. I know I bring it up often, but I want to make it clear what is going on with them. I don't know is it the drink or something else that is making her being so close to him.

I manage to get my parents, uncle, and aunt out of the house for the night. Or at least for a couple of hours. Basically, I suggested all of them go on a double date. Luckily they agreed without asking questions. Since Katy lives in the house, she is already here. Soon I heard a knock on the door and went to open it. Emma shows up with a big smile. She gave me a hug and enter.

- What's with the smile? It's not typical for you.

Emma doesn't smile a lot. When she is with me and the boys yes, but otherwise no.

- Nothing. We just haven't had a girl talk in a while. Hi Katy.

- Hi to you too. Come on, let's sit on the couch. - Katy smiled