- chapter 4. to be home

❀ 𝕮𝖍𝖆𝖕𝖙𝖊𝖗 𝖋𝖔𝖚𝖗. 𝖙𝖔 𝖇𝖊 𝖍𝖔𝖒𝖊 ❀

🌤

    HOGWARTS was everything Esme had hoped it would be. The castle itself was mighty and magnificent, every aspect felt it were leaking with magic and looking at the Castle from the boats that glided across the water, it felt like a home she'd been missing out on.

The lights from Hogwarts reflected in the childrens eyes as they got closer and closer. Barely any one spoke, instead they all watched, Pure-Bloods and Muggle-Borns alike in complete awe of the place that promised them a safe and happy life.

The ride was spent gazing at Hogwarts. Just as promised Esme shared a boat with Ron, Harry and Hermione joined, even through Ron's silent protest. Stepping off the boats was the hardest part, Harry helping Esme out by taking her hand and then Hermione and Esme rushing to Neville to grasp hold of him before he went splashing into the water, which he thanked them for.

It was the keeper of keys, Hagrid that escorted them over to the Castle.

Even the stone stairs caused a topic of talk as they all walked up to meet a woman stood at the top in a long emerald dress.

    "Welcome to Hogwarts!" she welcomed in a loud, yet soothing voice that grasped all their attention. They didn't see how she scanned the crowd, looking for the two kids she was most excited yet anxious to meet. It didn't take her long to spot the two at the front of the crowd, sticking out like a sore thumb. His shaggy hair and round glasses that were almost identical to the ones his Father wore, and her long black hair with pale skin. She almost gasped, because it looked so much like them. Despite her yearning heart, she continued "Shortly you'll pass through these doors and join your class mates. But before you take your seats you'll be sorted into your houses. They are Gryffindor, Hufflepuff, Ravenclaw and Slytherin. While you're here your house will be like your family.Your triumphs will earn you points, any rule braking, and you will loose those points," she didn't mean to lock eyes with Harry Potter and Esme Coax, but it was a fair warning "At the end of the year, the house with the most points wins the house cup-"

    "Trevor!" she was interrupted by Neville running up and clutching his toad that stood just at her feet. The children erupted in laughter at this, all but Neville, who glanced up at a disapproving McGonagall before he escaped to the back.

    "Wait here, the ceremony will begin in a short moment." she soon left them, disappearing into the hall.

    "So it's true then," a voice broke from all the talking "Harry Potter has joined Esme Coax in coming to Hogwarts,"

When Esme turned to find the source of the voice she immediately realised who it was, the boy from the shop, Draco. The bleach blonde boy leaned cockily against the stone rail with two boys either side of him as her and Harry looked at him, while the crowd whispered among them.

    "This is Crabbe, and that's Goyle," he gestured to the two next to him as he walked over to the two at the front, ignoring Ron and Hermione who was with them "And I'm Malfoy, Draco Malfoy," he introduced leaving Ron to lower his head and snicker quietly to himself but stopped when he received an elbow from Esme, a warning "Think my name's funny do you? no need to ask yours. Red hair, a handy me down robe and a stupid complexion, you must be a Weasley," Draco sneered.

Ron wasn't laughing anymore, but he looked down in shame with red ears.

    "And what's so wrong about that?" Esme challenged as Draco snapped his head to look at her. He had already been told everything about her, in-fact, he probably knew more about her and her family then she did at that moment. Both his Mother and Father had lectured him to be her friend, her guidance once she's sorted into Slytherin, cause that's where they hoped she'd be. He bit his tongue with what he was going to say.