- chapter 26. into the forest

❀ 𝕮𝖍𝖆𝖕𝖙𝖊𝖗 𝖙𝖜𝖊𝖓𝖙𝖞-𝖘𝖎𝖝. 𝖎𝖓𝖙𝖔 𝖙𝖍𝖊 𝖋𝖔𝖗𝖊𝖘𝖙 ❀
🌙

     THE three of them waited till night, and Ron was thankful that the two had sorted everything out and there was literally, no secrets between them at all. They had snuck off under the invisibility cloak down to see Hagrid's hut. Staying under the cloak, they knocked and waited for him to answer.

When he did, they were all slightly alarmed that he held a cross bow in defence.

"Who's there?" he demanded as they uncloaked themselves. Once he saw it was them he let them in as they all watched out for his weapon, cautiously making their way in.

       "What's that for Hagrid?" Esme asked, uneasy.

Hagrid looked back at the weapon "Nothing. I was expecting- It doesn't matter," He blew it off as they stationed themselves around the table "I just made a pot of tea." He poured a couple cups of tea, though his hands shook like a leaf as the cups overflowed.

Esme, as a sense of warmth had come over to him and placed a hand on his larger ones, drawing him back and taking the tea "Hagrid, are you okay? You don't seem too good." She told him, leading him to a chair as a mother would with an ill child.

      "I'm fine. I'm all right," he reassured her, with a smile that she didn't believe as she poured a better cup of tea and handed it to him "Thank you, Esme." Hagrid smiled.

      "Did you hear about Hermione?"

      "Yeah. I heard about that, all right." He grumbled lowly.

Harry shared looks with Ron and Esme, Esme, who nodded at him to convince him "Look," he started and chickened out last minute "Esme has something to ask you."

Esme felt the room move past her in a flash as she turned her head to snap her head at him before breathing deeply and addressing Hagrid "Do you know who's opened the Chamber of Secrets?" they were lucky she was charming and she knew it. She was rubbing his shoulder soothingly and making sure his tea stayed topped up.

Hagrid, who had been expecting for these intelligent kids to figure something out sighed and leaned over to tell them "What you had to understand about that is-" he had cut himself off after there was a knock at his door and he shot up, spilling his tea over "Quick, under the cloak. Don't say a word." He ordered them as they backed up in a corner, throwing the cloak over them as Hagrid made sure to hide anything that shouldn't have been in his hut. He was tripping over his own feet to get to the door in time and address who was out there "Professor Dumbledore, sir."

      "Good evening, Hagrid. I wonder, could we..." he asked politely, somebody with him that Harry didn't recognise.

      "Of course. Come in. Come in." he invited.

      "That's Dad's boss." Ron whispered, thinking about how his dad was having hard times in work due to him stealing the car.

      "It's Cornelius Fudge, Minister of Magic." Esme told Harry, whispering in his ear.

     "Bad business, Hagrid, very bad business," The minister said gravely "Had to come. Three attacks on Muggle-borns, things have gone far enough. The Ministry's got to act." He explained the situation.