- chapter 30. a warm welcoming

❀ 𝕮𝖍𝖆𝖕𝖙𝖊𝖗 𝖙𝖍𝖎𝖗𝖙𝖞. 𝖆 𝖜𝖆𝖗𝖒 𝖜𝖊𝖑𝖈𝖔𝖒𝖎𝖓𝖌 ❀
🌙

STEPPING off the train, Esme wasn't sure what to expect from her Grandparents, and it had been driving her crazy. Ideas circled her head on what they would say to her or do. Even if she did technically save the school again, more importantly her sister, she knew they wouldn't see it that way. Also adding to the fact that she still was friends with Harry, despite their strict orders.

Harry stepped down with her and Rose, he could tell she was nervous "I could come with?" he offered.

"Yea I don't see that going any better, but thanks for the offer," said Esme. Quickly she hugged Harry "write. You don't have an elf to use as an excuse anymore."

Harry rolled his eyes "I'll write I promise. I'll see you soon Rose?"

Rose turned her attention back to the boy "Yea, next year."

Harry looked at Esme as she shrugged back with a sad smile. It'll be hard to get the old Rose back but Esme knows she will come back. They parted ways. Scanning the platform for any last distractions Esme could use she didn't mean to spot William behind her, watching the back of her intently but when she did it was hard to pull away. He looked healthy with some colour in his cheek, it was a relief after what he'd looked like petrified.

"I'm going to go to Grandma and Grandpa now," Rose interrupted "you can say your last goodbyes. I'll tell them your on your way." Rose walked off before Esme could stop her. She didn't want to part from her for a moment so Esme watched her walk to their Grandparents safley.

When Esme turned around William was already there.

"Look who's awake, sleeping beauty." she smiled. They hadn't had the best run but Esme was hoping some things would change.

He sighed "Here the annoying pestering begins."

"I can go from nothing to annoying in under sixty seconds." Esme informed him.

"How do you even know who Sleeping beauty is?" William asked.

Esme didn't know if he'd heard her read to him night after night in that hospital wing. She was there so much the chair was practically molded into her. He probably wouldn't take it well "I read it."

William nodded "You read it?" he didn't know if she knew he knew she'd been reading to her. Should he be the one to bring it up first? or maybe it really did mean nothing to Esme. He'd pretend it meant nothing to him.

"Yea, Hermione- because your books seemed interesting so I asked her. Before she was-"

"Petrified?"

"Yes."

"Ok then."

Esme gulped "How do you feel?"

"Fine."

"Better?"

"Better."

"Good," she nodded "that's good."

"William!" they heard a younger boy call. One of his younger brothers.

"I guess i'll see you around, if i'm not locked away." Esme smiled.

William couldn't help himself asking "Why would you be locked away?"