- chapter 2. to Diagon alley

❀ 𝕮𝖍𝖆𝖕𝖙𝖊𝖗 𝖙𝖜𝖔. 𝖙𝖔 𝕯𝖎𝖆𝖌𝖔𝖓 𝖆𝖑𝖑𝖊𝖞 ❀

🌤

    IT was Angie who went with Esme to Diagon Alley because she knew the right precautions to take. She knew how busy the magical alley could get and she knew many Wizard and Witches would recognise the two, and that is not what they need. Not for Esme as she's soon to be starting at Hogwarts.

And maybe so Angie doesn't have to do all the explaining she's put off.

Angie wore sunglasses and she'd made Esme. At first, it concerned Esme as to why the world had turned shades darker but Angie explained what they were, they were old, and smelt like the engine of a motor bike and when Angie handed them over to her, it was as if she had just handed her a wasp, like it would sting, but Esme thought nothing. She also didn't understand why she had to wear them, or why Angies grasp on her hand was tighter than usual, but she just went with it, to happy to be out the house to overthink every step.

Though she had no idea where she was going, Esme still tries to drag Angie everywhere, to which Angie would then pull her the right way. That's how they end up in front of an antique looking wand shop, a family with a younger girl leaving as they enter.

They saw the older man peek out from the counter, standing from his kneeling position and a looking at them all "I don't believe it, Angie Coax back for the third time," he grinned, his off-white teeth showing as Esme looked over the vast shelf's full of long boxes, coated in dust. And one just for her.

Angie smiled fondly "Good to see you again Olivander, but this time I'm here for my Grandchild," she took her sunglasses off and takes the shoulders of Esme, showing her off to Olivander and taking the sunglasses off of her as she re-adjusts to the lights, squinting like a vampire "This is Esmerelda."

Olivander looked at the girl, leaning on the counter as Esme stood there, looking left to right as he analysed her "Of course," he smiled "A spitting image of your parents."

With no hesitation Esme jumped to questions "You remember my parents?" many more questions rush through her head. How? when did they come? what were the like? what did they look like? what wands did they have? she was going to ask, going to pester him but feeling the palms of Angie digging into her shoulder with nerves, Esme stopped herself "Thank you," she whisperd to him.

"Well then, shall we start to find you a wand?" he offered and Esme smiled wide before agreeing.

      Angie takes a seat at the bench in the back as Olivander gently takes the young girls hand and led her over to a shelf. He looked at the young girl determining her hand, the height of her and how flexible her arm is and how good of a swing it had by swinging her arm back and forth, which gets a laugh out of Esme, a laugh Angie hasn't heard before. Merlin, maybe she has kept Esme away too long.

"Let's see, let's see," He muttered and pulled out a wand "Unicorn hair, Oak, ten inches," he handed it to her and she held it in her grip, he told her to give it a try but when she gave it a whoosh, nothing happened.

Esme began to worry, what if this was a mistake? perhaps she wasn't meant to be a Witch? maybe it was all a mistake.

Olivander noticed her hesitation and quickly comforted her "Don't worry my dear girl, if the wand doesn't work for you it simply means that it is not the best suited wand for you," he reassured her and with a clenched chest, Esme handed it back. He went back to looking "Here's another, Dragan heart string, chestnut, eleven inches," he gave her another and this time when she tried it, a flower pot exploded. Despite the trouble she'd caused, Esme's overjoyed to see her magic take place "That is not the first flower pot to be ruined this week," he uttered under his breath as she put the wand down.