- chapter 17. "you're doomed."

❀ 𝕮𝖍𝖆𝖕𝖙𝖊𝖗 𝖘𝖊𝖛𝖊𝖓𝖙𝖊𝖊𝖓. "𝖞𝖔𝖚'𝖗𝖊 𝖉𝖔𝖔𝖒𝖊𝖉." ❀

🌙

    THE next morning Rose had woke extra early after sleeping in the Slytherin dorms. She woke almost calling to Esme because usually her sister is always there, lingering around the house and would always appear for her when her name was called. It was a habit that Rose had to break herself out of when Esme was in the castle last year and again Rose must train herself to relay on herself, not her sister.

Rose dressed in a flash of green and rushed to the hall, ignoring the calls of the other girls who wanted to eat with her. She hoped to find her sister walking to the hall and to her luck she did. Her sister walked along with her bushy haired friend at a fast pace "Esme!" she called, running over.

"Hi Rose, sleep well?" Esme asked as her and Hermione didn't relent their pace.

"Well yes but why aren't I in Gryffindor with you? I thought siblings were paired together?"

"I'm afraid that isn't always the case." Hermione informed her.

"Yes but it's nothing bad," said Esme "just because you're a Slytherin doesn't mean we can't hang out. You can sit with us anytime you like-"

"And you can sit with me?" Asked Rose.

Esme paused in the corridor with Herione and looked apprehensively at her "Well, we could but some might not like that."

"Why not?"

Esme rubs the back of her neck and stutters "Er, Slytherin and Gryffindor don't have the best relationships with each other but that doesn't stop you from sitting over with us anytime you like," she insisted "but try making friends with those in your year. There's bound to be some nice ones."

Rose's brows pulled together and she pulled a face "Nice ones?"

"Esme! I can see Ron and Harry!" Hermione called, staning out at the doorway to the great hall.

Esme looked from Hermione to Rose "I didn't mean it like that, there are plenty of nice Slytherins- just stay away from Draco Malfoy. I'll see you later, have fun in classes, if you're anything like me Goggles will adore you-" Esme gives Rose a quick and tight squeeze "have fun, I love you."

Rose sort off expected Esme to be with her constantly, not taking in the fact she had an entire different life here with her own friends and priorities. Rose would always be her sister, but they couldn't always be together and she needed to know what it's like to not constantly have a family member with her. Rose knew this was coming, she just wasn't expecting to be alone in a sudden.

Esme joined Hermione with Ron and Harry, immediately sitting next to Harry and throwing her arms around his shoulders as he attempted to hug her back. They were all finally back and together "I cannot believe you pulled that off." she told the two, discussing how they got to Hogwarts in a flying car and not get expelled.

Harry joined in her triumph, in fact three out of the four did.

Ron was the only one who wasn't speaking, to busy wrapping his wand up in tape, in order to save himself from living with a broken wand "Say it, i'm doomed." he looked to them all.

Esme didn't even try to soften the blow as she nodded "You're doomed." she agreed smiling smug. Suddenly, she felt as if she was blinded when a bright light flashed in front of her eyes. Dramatically, she covered her eyes with one hand and with the other put it out as if she couldn't see as Harry laughed and forced her arm down. She pulled her eyes opened and looked up to the overly enthusiastic young boy.