- chapter 9. the Nicholas Flamel

❀ 𝕮𝖍𝖆𝖕𝖙𝖊𝖗 𝖓𝖎𝖓𝖊. 𝖙𝖍𝖊 𝕹𝖎𝖈𝖍𝖔𝖑𝖆𝖘 𝕱𝖑𝖆𝖒𝖊𝖑 ❀

🌤

       WHEN returning to Hogwarts Esme felt bombarded. Her friends rushed to her to show the cool cloak Harry had been given that they'd already had plenty of practice with (and they also thanked her for the presents she had left for them under the tree) They had asked if she'd found anything out about Nicholas Flamel, but it didn't really go down well.

    "Did you find anything out about, Flamel?" Ron had asked her when the four of them were sitting together at breakfast one morning.

    "No i couldn't, i had an argument with my Grandparents and couldn't leave the house," she grumbled, taking an aggressive bite of  her toast.

    "An argument? what about?" Harry asked.

    Esme glanced at him, remembering what Angie had said "It's not important,"

Esme was not about to sit there and tell him that her Grandparents thought him dangerous, the boy who was talked about so much, the boy who just wanted a normal life. Besides, why worry him? because Esme had her own life in school that Angie couldn't completely take control of ... could she?

For the past week every time she saw Dumbeldore she was waiting to see if he would say something to her. Sometimes they catch eyes and he winks with a magical glint in his eyes, or once, he sat into watch one of McGonagalls lessons, where Harry and Esme sat next to each other and she could've sworn he laughed at that lightly. But he never said anything and for that Esme could find small comfort for if he were to do something, he would've done it

Part of Esme is under the impression Angie had told him yet he'd elected to ignore it, if that was the case, Esme was very thankful.

But in the past week no head way had been made with finding out who the man is, and the curiosity of what the three-headed dog was hiding had peaked for the four. It wasn't until Harry came back from Qudditch practice that they had something else to worry about.

    "Snape's refereeing the match," Harry told them glumly to which they gasped at.

    "Don't play," Hermione said immediately.

    "Say you're ill," Esme told him desperately.

    "Pretend to break your leg," Ron suggested.

    Then Esme suggested "Really break your leg,"

   "I can't," Harry denied as they all slumped "There isn't a reserve Seeker, if I don't play neither does Gryffindor," At that moment Neville jumped in to the great hall, causing a roar of laughter from the rest of the hall as the four of them look at him, with pity. This had Malfoy written all over it, leaving Esme to shake her head and feel the need to jinx the blonde boy. She felt so bad for Neville that she could practically feel the embarrassment radiate from him.

    "What happened?" asked Hermione.

    "Do you really need to ask?" Esme said.

    "Malfoy," Neville confirmed her theory "He's been wanting to practice this on someone," He wobbled and Esme reached over to him to steady him.

    "Well I've got a few jinxes i'd like to try out on him," Esme mumbled.

    "I know the counter curse!" Seamus announced as he jumped up but Neville shouted at him to not and knowing the reputation Seamus had with spells even Esme held onto Neville tighter.