- chapter 22. took away

❀ 𝕮𝖍𝖆𝖕𝖙𝖊𝖗 𝖙𝖜𝖊𝖓𝖙𝖞-𝖙𝖜𝖔. 𝖙𝖔𝖔𝖐 𝖆𝖜𝖆𝖞  ❀
🌙

       MOANING Myrtle wasn't a ghost many were fond of. It was a fact. She whined a lot and cried a lot, for a ghost, she had a lot to say. That's why one of the girls bathroom was always empty, rarely anybody stepped foot there, why would they? they want to pee in peace.

However, it meant it was the perfect place for the four of them to conduct their potion.

Of course, Ron was still rapidly making sense of Lucius being at the match as Esme and Harry also enlightened them over what Dobby had said after visiting them, after finding Colin petrified.

"Of course," Ron concluded after Esme explained it all to him "Don't you see? Lucius Malfoy must have opened it when he was at school here, now he's taught Draco to do it."

Esme was left rolling her eyes.

       "Maybe,we'll have to wait for the Polyjuice potion to be sure." Hermione told him as she stirred the bubbling liquid in the cauldron.

      "Enlighten me, why are we brewing this potion in broad daylight in the middle of the girls lavatory?" Ron asked "Don't you think we'll get caught?"

Hermione and Esme shared an almost amused look before Granger explained "No one ever comes in here."

      "Why not?"

     "Moaning Myrtle." Just as Hermione says her name a ghostly figure levitated out one of the stalls and floated behind Ron without him knowing, Harry looking wide eyed behind him (having never seen this ghost before) while Esme rolled her eyes, looking away from the ghost that she couldn't even try to like.

     "Who's Moaning Myrtle?"

"I'm moaning Myrtle!" she screeched, scaring Ron as Esme snorted with Harry as Myrtle flew up "I wouldn't expect you to know me. Who would ever talk about ugly, miserable, moping Moaning Myrtle?" she whined as Esme mimicked everything she had said, before the ghost flew over and diving into a toilet, splashing it everywhere.

     "She's a little sensitive." Hermione informed the boys.

Esme, quietly added "And annoying."

One of the toilets exploded and water almost rained upon them. Maybe she had heard that.

🌙

      MOANING Myrtle wasn't all she had to put up with that morning. It seemed the day was doomed from the start. Esme hadn't been feeling well and all the talk of the Chamber got on her nerves, so by lunch when they were all in the great hall, all she wanted to do was nap, with her head rested on her folded arms, rested on the table.

McGonagall had other plans "Miss Coax," she stood behind her, but Esme didn't even raise her head. She cleared her throat and tried again "Miss Coax," eventually, Hermione nudged her as she wakes up from her minute of slumber and looks up to McGonagall "Can you please take this up to Dumbledore?" she asked, handing her a clipboard "It's the list of everyone who will be staying at Hogwarts this Christmas, the password is on the bottom."

Esme was looking at her with sleepy eyes "You woke me up for that?" she questioned but seeing her stern look, Esme rushed up and took the board, making her way to the office. Esme dragged her way to his office, saying the password and made sure to knock on the door, hearing his command to walk in "Professor, this is the list of-" she cut herself off when she saw three chairs in front of his desk, each with a member of her family sitting there. Now she realised why McGonagall wanted her to do this "Oh goggles." she sighed and walked over.