- chapter 23. dueling club

❀ 𝕮𝖍𝖆𝖕𝖙𝖊𝖗 𝖙𝖜𝖊𝖓𝖙𝖞-𝖙𝖍𝖗𝖊𝖊. 𝖉𝖚𝖊𝖑𝖎𝖓𝖌
𝖈𝖑𝖚𝖇 ❀
🌙

      IT had been a week since any letter was sent from Angie or Ian to their Grandchildren. The family were stubborn and neither Rose or Esme were going to be the first to write to them. The two girls had spoke about the outburst, Esme wishing they hadn't left things like that while Rose seemed ok with how it all went.

Her new attitude was a small concern of Esmes, but she guessed it was a part of growing up. She understood why she got so annoyed, after all Angie couldn't control their entire life, Rose was sticking up for them which is something Esme should've done, she just really didn't want to argue with them. With anyone.

But life carried on. Walking along the corridors with her friends, she saw Seamus along with other students, crowded around a notice board. The four of them noticed and joined in.

"What are we all looking at?" Esme asked.

      "They're starting a duelling club!" Seamus told her, excited, running off to find Dean to tell him all about it.

The four started to walk along the corridor again.

      "You think they're only doing it because of the Slytherin heir?" she asked them, wondering what they think.

       "Could be useful," Harry said, standing next to her "Should we go?" he looked to her, having spent most of his time with her this week, noticing the change in her attitudes as sometimes he finds her looking off into the distance, seemingly conflicted. He just wanted her to know he was here for her, and was waiting for her to do some explaining of what had been bothering her (but Hermione had been kicking him every time he got close to asking)

    "I'm up for it," Esme told him as they left Seamus and Dean and started to the hall, Harry agreed as did Hermione but Ron didn't seem to keen "Who do you think it'll be teaching us?"

     "I'm not sure," Hermione says "I've heard Flitwick was a duelling champion when he was younger, maybe him?"

Esme nodded "As long as it's not-" she couldn't finish however as the very teacher she didn't want was now standing behind them.

      "Ah, thinking of joining my duelling club are you children?" Gilderoy asked, hands on his hips and looking impressed with himself as always.

     "Yes sir." Hermione answered immediately, dreamily looking up at him.

Lockhart nodded approvingly "Very good, I'll see you later tonight." He then walked back up to the teachers table, flashing smiles at the girls and the teachers.

Esme couldn't help but look to McGonagall who looked fed up with him already. She looked back to Hermione, who still had a smile on her face and then to Harry, shaking her head and he knew what she was thinking, she didn't want to go now.

      "Please?" he begged, stretching out his eyes and lip in a puppy dog beg, tilting his head at her and he knew he had won her over.

      "Alright," she told him "But just for you Harry Potter."

🌙

       IT was rather busy, it seemed everyone wanted to fight and duel. Crowds of kids surrounding the table as they waited anxiously for it to commence. The three of them had dragged Ron along and Castor tagged with them. The Coax girl had invited her sister, but she was quick in scurrying away which only made Esme worry more.