- chapter 16. a Rose by any other name

❀ 𝕮𝖍𝖆𝖕𝖙𝖊𝖗 𝖘𝖎𝖝𝖙𝖊𝖊𝖓. 𝖆 𝕽𝖔𝖘𝖊 𝖇𝖞 𝖆𝖓𝖞
𝖔𝖙𝖍𝖊𝖗 𝖓𝖘𝖒𝖊 ❀

🌙

  ROSE had never felt such excitement before in her life before. The day had come where she would be taking the train to Hogwarts with her sister. The days leading up to that were filled with sleepless nights due to her urge for the days to pass quicker than they were (turned out lack of sleep drags out the days) Even Esme found herself struggling to contain her excitement at going back and it was even better then, she had her sister.

Although that's not to say there wasn't any struggle in the couple days that passed.

After their trip to Diagon Alley keeping Harry Potter a secret from Angie and Ian was something both girl had to work on. Example: when the newspaper was published, the Coax sisters and Harry were indeed front page, meaning they had to be quick in discarding it and 'accidentally' having it land in the fire after the two were 'playing' with the paper.

They made sure to check every newspaper before they allowed Ian to read it as really, he was the only one to read the paper.

Rose couldn't deny, she got a thrill out of secret keeping. Doing something you know you're not suppose to really made her grin, but it wasn't a good thing to be excited about. It was Esme who wondered how good she would be at keeping secrets, because sometimes, she'd test her sister, telling her false lies to see if she would crack at the dinner table. She never did, but her giddy attitude and large grin was a big give away that something was a miss.

Esme hated asking her sister to lie, but she knew when she attended Hogwarts there will be more she has to keep, like all the detentions and trouble she got in last year that she will try to stay out off this year.

Alas, the day came where they all run through the wall at the platform and walked out to see the train.

Esme looked down to her sister, who marveled on it as she nudged her with a smile "Just wait till you get there, you'r going to love it."

Rose couldn't wait, bouncing on the platform to spend some of her energy. She was bursting to get on the train so much so she only said a quick goodbye to her Grandparents and was already running away to get onto the train.

"They grow up so fast." Ian jokingly wiped away at a tear that wasn't there as the three watch Rose skid away.

Angie slapped at his shoulder and looked to Esme "Have a good year, remember to stay out of trouble and to-"

"Stay away from Harry Potter?" Esme guessed to what she was going to say, dully.

Angie hesitated for she wasn't actually going to say that, by now she assumed it would be a given "Well yes," she told her "But to also study hard and to look after you sister." she added, hoping Esme would stick to Rose like glue. She hoped they would house together and for them to not get tired of each other.

Rose rushed back to collect her sister and drag Esme to the train with her, not to add to her goodbyes.

"You two be good now!" Ian calls after his two girls.

Esme stumbled over her feet as Rose pulled at her hand "We will!" she laughed, waving to them with her other hand as together, they climb onto the train.

"So where do we go?" Rose asked her "Do we have our own private compartment?"

That was something else Rose was going to have to get used to. Not having the privileges. In the village they had the best house, living in a mansion and had all the luxuries. When at Hogwarts, there was no favourites, well, probably but Esme had elected to not be rude, to noy push for all the things that her name would usually get her. She would recommended for Rose to do the same.