- chapter 27. the Coax siblings

❀ 𝕮𝖍𝖆𝖕𝖙𝖊𝖗 𝖙𝖜𝖊𝖓𝖙𝖞-𝖘𝖊𝖛𝖊𝖓. 𝖙𝖍𝖊 𝕮𝖔𝖆𝖝 𝖘𝖎𝖇𝖑𝖎𝖓𝖌𝖘 ❀
🌙

HOGWARTS through the next couple days went through like every day. Nothing had changed for the school besides the looming sense of attacks and fear for the muggle borns. Pupils were rarely left alone, the school had become quieter. In a sense, the magic of the school had gone.

Despite lessons being in full swing, Esme had took it upon herself to hide away in the hospital wing. Not to miss lessons, but to be with William Pruitt and Hermione Granger. Her victims. She had permission from McGonagall to sit with them, read to them. It proved to make Esme work harder in her classes, working to the standard Hermione would want her to work at, all so she could then sit at her bedside and teach the sleeping girl.

When Hermione is to wake, Esme does not want the girl to panic about all she'd missed.

Pomphrey walked down the stone, smiling to herself as she watched Esme whisper to herself, trying to make sense of the notes and tell Hermione some things along the way. Pomphrey had seen the girl many times this year, many times too many, if only it was under better circumstances "It's nice what you're doing dear," she spoke as Esme looked up, putting her Quill down "Making sure Miss Granger is caught up on her lessons."

"Thanks Poppy, I just know she wouldn't want to be behind." Esme told her.

"Er, don't you think you should be addressing me as Madam Pomphrey?" the woman questioned.

Esme shrugged "Well I think I'm spending enough time here for us to be on a first name bases."

Oh how Pomphrey should've argued but Esme had a way of charming the lady as she just smiled at her, shaking her head, about to walk off.

"They'll wake up wont they?" she checked "They'll be alright?" Esme didn't want to admit she was scared, all she wanted was to be with Hermione in the library, or having her nudge and poke her because she was falling asleep in class.

"Of course they will dear." Poppy reassured her, walking back to check on Colin.

Esme sighed, shutting the books and putting them aside before standing up and flicking the old flowers that had yet been replaced in the pot next to her bed. She sat herself on her bed, and looked to Hermione "Wish you were here," she speaks, sniffing "We need you more than ever." Esme placed a hand over Hermione's out stretched one and tried to create some warmth when she felt something she hadn't felt before. In her hand, was a scrunched up piece of paper. She pulled it out and looked over it and realised.

That's why she was in the library. Esme was soon running out the hospital wing but quickly rushed back to William's side. Of course the boy had no idea what was actually going in in the state he was in, but it calmed her to talk to him. She promised him she'd be back soon enough and then ran to find Ron and Harry.

Castor had just walked out from the hall with his friends when he saw Esme running down and he told his friends he'd see them later and met Esme half way "What's up? Why are you running?" he asked.

Esme, settling on him for support, pulled him over to the fire as it was getting darker (she had lost time on how long she was with the petrified) "Look at this, I think it has something to do with the attacks," she un wrinkled the paper as he leant over "'Of the many fearsome beasts that roam our land none is more deadly than the Basilisk. Capable of living for hundreds of years instant death awaits any who meet this giant serpent's eye. Spiders flee before it.'" She read and connected all the dots, that's why the spiders had been acting strange.