- chapter 29. freeing the elf

❀ 𝕮𝖍𝖆𝖕𝖙𝖊𝖗 𝖙𝖜𝖊𝖓𝖙𝖞-𝖓𝖎𝖓𝖊. 𝖋𝖗𝖊𝖊𝖎𝖓𝖌
𝖙𝖍𝖊 𝖊𝖑𝖋 ❀
🌙

       SITTING in the office of the headmaster, while Harry and Ron were behind her with Rose who was being comforted by their Grandparents was a situation Esme thought she'd never be in. But after having returned from the Chamber with her friends, sister and a dazed Lockhart, they really had some explaining to do.

"And this-" Esme breathed after having explained the entire adventure "Is Tom Riddles diary." she slides it over to Albus.

Rose shuddered at seeing the diary, even if it was destroyed and fell further into her Grandpas arms as she held her in comfort "He used that to get to me." she shuddered.

       "It was just a diary," Esme quickly told them, looking back to Rose to assure her, but kept away from looking at Angie, scared for her reaction. Would she be angry at her? disappointed? for all she knew, this might be the last time she's in Hogwarts "He preserved his sixteen year old self in there." she gestured to the book.

Dumbledore took it and looked over it "Brilliant. Of course, he is one of the most brilliant students Hogwarts has seen," when he said that he gave a sparing glance look up to Esme "Very few people know that Lord Voldemort was once called Tom Riddle. I taught him myself, fifty years ago at Hogwarts. He disappeared after leaving the school, traveled and sank very deep into the dark arts, so much so when he resurfaced as Lord Voldemort, he was barley recognisable. Hardly anyone connected Lord Voldemort with the clever, handsome boy who was once head boy here."

      "But how did it get to our Rose?" Angie quizzed. This was something nobody could answer, beside the girl in question.

Rose was looking down, sheepishly answering "I've been writing in it," she told them as they all look. Disappointment and confusion evident in everyone in the office (but Albus who was of course not surprised) "He listened to me. And Esme was always busy-" the girl wanted to interject but saw how Angie glanced to her in question so Esme didn't say anything, guilt from not being able to be there for her sister "I was struggling in school and this was all I had." she excused.

     "How did you even find it?" Ian asked.

Rose sighed "Ginny gave it to me," she said as now Ron looked to her confused "She says she found it randomly and she gave it to me as a token of friendship or something."

Dumbledore interrupted "I think the youngest of the Coax siblings should go to the hospital wing immediately, this has been a terrible ordeal for her and there will be no punishment," he told them as he goes around to open to show them out "Bed rest and perhaps a large steaming mug of hot chocolate, I always find that cheers me up. You will find that Madam Pomphrey is still awake. She's just been giving out Mandrake juice, I daresay the Basilisk victims will be waking up any moment now."

Ron burst up "So Hermione will be ok?" and Esme thought about seeing the bushy haired girl again and her heart leapt, William would also be up too, but she wished she'd left a note to explain.

With one last look back at Esme, Angie and Ian took Rose to the hospital wing and Esme just hoped they weren't mad at her. Even if she did save Rose.

      "You know Minerva," Albus addressed her as she was too in the office with them "I think all this merits a good feats. Will you go and alert the kitchens?"