- chapter 15. an odd new start

❀ 𝕮𝖍𝖆𝖕𝖙𝖊𝖗 𝖋𝖎𝖋𝖙𝖊𝖊𝖓. 𝖆𝖓 𝖔𝖉𝖉 𝖓𝖊𝖜 𝖘𝖙𝖆𝖗𝖙  ❀

🌙

       AS expected, for the rest of summer Esme was not let out again, even if she was only like ten minutes late, Angie took it very seriously (as was expected) Despite her best efforts and explaining why she was late, Angie was easily dismissive of it, even Ian couldn't hide his disappointment with Esme as he hoped this would easy Angie off. It hadn't, it had done the opposite. That heated discussion lasted while Rose listened from the stairs, wondering if this is what it will be like when she gets back from Hogwarts.

Esme had to write to Ron, leaving him alone with his siblings in the summer, explaining there was no way she would be allowed to see him and then explained the same to Neville. But something more alarming was the lack of letters she'd been receiving from Harry.

At first there was a couple sent, both ways, then they stopped. She must have wrote five letters to him and got no replies. Asking the others, they all had similar experiences not having heard a peep from Harry. It left them to speculate if the Dursleys had banned him from writing back completely, which they couldn't say for sure.

Esme made peace with the fact she'll see him in their next year.

Rose had received her letter and had much fun in shoving it in Esme's face, as if she never had a letter and never got to go to Hogwarts herself.

Diagon Alley was completely new to Rose, and she was dragging her Grandparents along with Esme to every shop, every corner and Esme had been counting, she'd tripped on five cobbles so far.

Esme however was not nearly as enthusiastic to be here, she mopped along behind them, sunglasses on again as they took the same precautions that were took when she first came here. She constantly looked for her friends, or people she might just recognise, but so far, to no avail.

That was until she felt a pair of arms wrap around her from behind.

    Esme gasped, thinking the worst had come for her until she could almost feel pure joy. She turned and the joy she felt- that didn't feel completely like her own- belonged to her pushy haired friend "Hermione!" she cheered, throwing her arms around her shoulders as Hermione hugged back, squeezing her hard.

    "It's so good to see you." she said through her smile.

    "You have no idea how much I've missed you." Esme told her, pulling back.

    "I have so much to tell you," Hermione told her "Can you come to the book shop? we're all there-" she carried on talking even when Ian walked over "Me, Ron and Ha-"

    "Hermione!" Esme shouted to stop her saying Potters name that would sure cause a great conflict she didn't need "Have you met Ian? my Grandpa?" Esme pulled Ian over to them, introducing the two "Grandpa this is Hermione, my best friend." Esme stated with pride as they greeted each other. Esme loved showing off Hermione, because she was proud to be her friend, one of the smartest witches in the school and only in second year.

    "Pleasure to meet you, Esme raves about you." said Ian as Hermione blushed and threw a pointed look to Esme who only shrugged innocently "What's this about a bookstore?" Ian asked as Angie and Rose trailed back to meet them.

    Hermione felt more blood rush to her cheeks at meeting Esmes family, after all, she'd heard much about them all "Oh, I was just wondering if she could come and join me and our friends there?" she asked. Granger took a small glance at Angie, but looked away quickly as even though the sunglasses, she felt a dangerous look.