- chapter 18. brooms and mudbloods

❀ 𝕮𝖍𝖆𝖕𝖙𝖊𝖗 𝖊𝖎𝖌𝖍𝖙𝖊𝖊𝖓. 𝖇𝖗𝖔𝖔𝖒𝖘 𝖆𝖓𝖉
𝖒𝖚𝖉𝖇𝖑𝖔𝖔𝖉𝖘   ❀

🌙

      QUIDDITCH always excited Harry and the rest of the school. When the matches were announced and dates set, Oliver Wood immediately called team meetings frequently and training was starting early, they would win, he was sure of it.

Harry was called away for the practices, leaving Ron, Hermione and Esme together, sitting on a bench outside.

    "Esme, have you talked to Harry about the whole ban on seeing him thing?" Hermione asked casually as Esme looked to her, eyes wide with confusion and she looked back to Ron who was looking the other way and scratching the back of his head, trying to distract himself from Esmes gaze.

    "You told Hermione?" Esme asked him.

    Ron slowly turned back round as she raised her eyebrows at him and he stuttered upon talking "Well, you see, I-she-she cornered me, I had to say something." He explained, stumbling up on all his words.

    Esme huffed, re-adjusting herself on the stone bench as the two looked at her with beady eyes "I haven't spoke to him yet, there hasn't been a very good chance." Esme told them.

    "You told me days ago, you've had chances." Ron told her.

    Esme threw her knee down so it wasn't across her other leg "Well the topics never come up in conversation." she grumbled as Hermione and Ron look to each other from over the top of her. From the corner of her eyes she saw the Gryffindor team come by, but so did the Slytherin team, red vs green meant chaos.

    Ron echoed her thoughts "I smell trouble." He declared as the girls agreed and they walked over to the teams, hearing Oliver Wood, who was Captain of the Gryffindor team complain about a letter they had saying they could use the pitch to train.

    "You've got a new seeker? Who?" Oliver asked and the Slytherin team broke apart to show him off. The bleach blonde haired boy strutted out as Harry took steps closer in shock and confusion.

    "Malfoy?" he checked, almost finding it comedic.

    "That's right," said Malfoy "And that's not all that's new this year." He said to them and showed off the new team brooms that matched their team. It was sleek and black, the back of the broom being tinted green. The newest and latest model of Quidditch brooms.

    "Those are Nimbus 2001's," Ron gasped, mouth agape at them "How did you get those?"

    "A gift from Draco's father." The Slytherin captain informed them as Esme scoffed at the team and their new brooms.

    Draco gave a dirty look towards Ron "You see Weasley, unlike some, my Father can afford the best." he boasted.

    "At least no one on the Gryffindor team had to buy their way in, they got in on pure talent." Hermione bit back.

     Draco, who of course hated being told and shown up, especially by Hermione took a step forward and glared at her. But not even Esme was prepared for what would come out his mouth "No one asked for your opinion, you filthy little Mudblood." Gasps were heard from the Gryffindor team as the Slytherins smiled in satisfaction at the hurt and upset look on Hermione's face. It was only Harry that couldn't understand what he had said, only that it must have been something bad.