Twenty-Nine

Sitting in an office, Genesis stares at a clock go second by second

Sitting in an office, Genesis stares at a clock go second by second. The ticking sounds amplified by ten times as it's booming in his head. He constantly pulls at the rubber-band on his wrist as Kross sits in the chair adjacent from him. Kross has a look of concern staring at his long-time friend who's stone faced.

Kross is still in shock from yesterday's discovery with the private investigator. He can understand why he's speechless, but Gee holds a scary coldness. He knows when he gets like this he's a ticking time bomb waiting to explode. They're all trying to process the information.

They saw a small explosion yesterday when Gee went off on the P.I. even though the man was only doing his job. They ended the meeting and decided they'd meet up again today without him present. Just Gee, Kross, and Destin this time.

"You good?" Kross asks only receiving a head nod. Even though he's popping himself, his foot still bounces up and down fervently. Usually the gesture would stop him from doing that, but he's doing both. "You haven't said anything since we got here-"

He stops talking when the door to the office opens and Destin enters. "Sorry I kept you guys waiting," he shuts the door behind him.

Gee's eyes are fixed on Destin as he moves through the office to sit at the desk across from them. Before his ass is even warm in the seat, Gee's asking, "Did you know it was Gen?"