Fifty-Three

Magenta's supposed to be focused on getting ready for a date night with Gee

Magenta's supposed to be focused on getting ready for a date night with Gee. She's can't help but pause doing her makeup being too engrossed in watching Caprice's bond revocation hearing. The prosecutor setup a Zoom call that way all the victims on the case can be in tune.

"The first order of business is the motion filed by the bondsman requesting to be released as the surety," the judge starts as Gen blends her concealer. "Why do they want to be released? Destin Dent, correct?"

Magenta can't help but giggle to herself. Caprice was an idiot for going on national tv and accusing Destin of setting him up to be shot. Especially if he's the reason you're free on bond. Now Destin's playing chess and trying to snatch that money and his freedom back.

"The surety feels like the defendant hasn't been living up to their end of the agreement. The defendant hasn't been staying in contact. He also has reason to believe the defendant has been contacting witnesses in the case..."

Gen's eyebrows furrow. How does Destin know that? And witnesses as in plural?

"We'll get to that later regarding the witnesses," the judge stops the prosecutor from jumping ahead.

"Based on those reasons, Mr. Dent asked the court to be released from responsibility of the defendant's bond and relieved of any financial or criminal obligations."

"Mr. Wilcox was released on a million dollar bond. Before I ask if he can get a new bond reinstated or find a new bondsman with a surety to post it, let's continue with the hearing. I know that the prosecutors have other evidence to present. No reason in putting him in cuffs and making arrangements if I decide to revoke it. Let's continue..."

"The first thing that I'd like to present that I believe is a violation of the bond are lyrics that the defendant rapped on his new album-"

"Objection. Song lyrics?" Caprice's lawyer butts in.

"He has a gag order and I believe he violated it. The judge made it clear for him to be careful with his words on social media, interviews, and songs."

"Present the lyrics," the judge sighs as if he rather not be there.

The D.A. reads, "I ain't goin' back and forth on the net with a hoe. Who is she to make me plead my innocence? Granny warned me, but I didn't listen. Say, "Who don't hear must feel", now I'm feelin'. She said the hoe tryna get some dough and I'm 2Pac. Bro, you gotta watch these women."