Chapter 65

The sky above turns into greyish blue, clouds form and loud thunder crackles accompanied with lightning

Seohyun grumbles her way out of the school, an annoyed groan escapes her numbed lips.

She tightens her grip to the bag straps and continued to walk, nonetheless it was about to rain and people were running for shelter.

Now she was in the streets to the bus stop. Small taps of raindrops pour down, as she kept walking with a straight face.

"Yah kid, it's raining already. Get an umbrella or something" One shouts across the road. Seohyun looks up, just to see young officers eating on a shop.

She blinks multiple times before eyeing back to her path.

"This won't do. I'll drop you off to your home" The girl officer says, abandoning her snack and crosses over to the other side where seohyun is.

"Hop in the car" She gestures, swaying her keys hanging on her index.

"Yah! Kang Aeji! Let her be that's her decision!" Some of her coworker shouts, yet she ignores and hops to the vehicle.

"Come on, don't just stand there, you'll get wet" she says and taps the seat beside her.

Aeji, the police officer starts to drive as seohyun showed her address.

"Senior Hajeong, he's the detective working with you, right?" She asks unexpectedly.

"Well..... Yeah" Seohyun trails off, "How did you know?"

"He was my senior at busan" she mutters, steering the wheel to the intersection. "I was surprised when he wasn't promoted here at seoul. We could've went there together"

"That was partially my fault" seohyun leans to the window, a frown plasters in her face, watching the droplets cover the entire window surface.

The red light stops, letting aeji down her guard off the wheel. She looked at seohyun who was completely frowning, "Come on kid, don't be too hard in yourself" she nudges her elbow, before driving again.

Unconsciously, seohyun smiled and leaned back to her seat.

The rain have gone to a stop, puddles were created all around. As the sky was trying to clear and brighten up it's way.

Seohyun and officer aeji arrived at seohyun's house. She stops the engine and smiled to seohyun.