Chapter - 5

Disha
We received egg rolls and fried rice with shrimp curry and sesame chicken curry. The meal was delicious. If I was in a different situation, I would have savoured it to the fullest. Asha, Haniya, Roshini, Yasmin, and I were waiting for Nina to come, but that girl was taking forever in the bathroom. As a result, we began to eat without her, but we are still debating what to tell our parents; what can we do in this situation? Finally, Nina came out of her room, and she looked refreshed, but there was a guilty expression.

"What's there to eat?" Nina tries to sound cheerful but fails miserably.

"What happened to you, and don't you try to deny it, Nina?" Asha asked her in a strenuous tone, and her expression had the look of what it is now.

"I am not in a state to discuss that. Shall we discuss what we have previously decided? " Nina mutters while serving herself a large proportion of shrimp curry.

Asha humms in response, respecting her privacy. "I think we all do not tell them anything at all. We are in a different country right now. There is no way they could find out. " Yasmin suggested and Nina right away made a valid point.

"But there is a police record with our information. Don't you think that could backfire on us in the future? "

"What if those people whom Yasmin referred to council handle the matter? If yes, then we should go with their made-up story. " Haniya points out an important detail which I did not consider.

How will we ask them? It's not like they gave us their numbers, and let's not forget the fact that they rushed out. When Yasmin told them about her prediction of some packs, there was no way we could contact them except to wait for them to come back. Wait, there is a bodyguard assigned to us. He might answer some of our infinity questions.

I accidentally choked on some chicken when the idea came to me. "Let's call that bodyguard to see if he knows about something that can help us." Everyone in the room widens their eyes and likes my idea. Nina went to him to call him since she was the only one who had met him when he came. Before leaving, she informed us that his name was Andrew. She did not even step out of the door and called him inside, looking like he was already outside the door protecting us. With that facial expression, I understood he was trained to be a soldier.

All of us greeted him and asked him to sit, which he answered in polity and sat at the single-sofa seat. "So Andrew, we have a lot of questions and we hope you can answer some of them. First and foremost, we would like to know what the council did. Like what they told the police and the hospital, " Roshini asked in her business tone, which her papa taught her to use to make people take her seriously.

Andrew took a deep breath and said, "Lucky, I was just informed by the council to tell you this, which answers the question you asked and might as well answer the unasked ones. Fundamentally, our kind people work in human-environment workplaces such as hospitals, police stations, and so on. To avoid any incidents of supernatural revelation, in your case, the people who work for us already covered the story by stating that you girls were almost attacked by wolves and escaped with minor injuries. I also informed the Indian embassy of the same story and convicted them. You girls are being well taken care of by the governor of the town. Do not worry much. Get some rest. Most likely, all six of you will sift tonight. By shift, I mean you all turn into wolves and will listen to your respected wolf who stays inside your mind until you give them control of your body. " The last part causes our jaws to drop in shock. I will become a werewolf-like stalker and hear my wolf talking in my mind like a psycho!. A sound whines in my head, "Don't say that, you are insulting me." I instantly gasped, and Andrew understood me later, giving me an empathetic look before saying, "That's your wolf speaking to you. I know this may be difficult to understand and accept the truth. I can only advise you to accept this as quickly as possible for your betterment. " Then he left us all, just like the council did. But before leaving, he mutters that he will be back to take us to the forest for our shifting. I didn't hear anything when he mentioned taking us to the forest, and that filled me with dread. The emergence of a new set of questions such as: are they trustable? Will they keep us safe? Or did we actually escape that stalker? Or is it a master plan to make us go crazy, conspired by our enemies? If so, then who? And why? This is giving me headaches. I shared my concern with others, and they all reflected the same emotion. Then Yasmin and Nina explained to us to just chill, go with the flow, and wait for the right moment.