Chapter 18

Disha
I am having simple Nutella and bread, whereas Asha had a Nutella and peanut butter sandwich. Nina was energetic today, so she made Nutella and Marshmallow sandwiches for Haniya, Yasmin, Roshini and herself.
" Haniya, where's Edward?" Asha asked,
" He hasn't come since yesterday," Haniya answered with a detached look.
" I am dying to know if we were spelt," Nina said.
" Even if we were spelt, what can we do?" Yasmin muttered.
" They won't be spared, Eddi will make sure of that," Haniya mumbled while taking a huge bite from her sandwich.
" And I don't think I will attend today's lesson," Haniya spoke again.
" Why?" I asked.
" Well, today we will be learning from a dead body. That means blood which can cause me to go crazy," Haniya replied.
" I don't think so. For six to eight hours, the blood inside a dead body remains sterile and the red blood cells retain their oxygen-carrying capabilities but after that, the body won't really bleed, it might ooze," I clarified.
" Cool, then I can use my witch power to talk with the dead today," Haniya excitedly said. Even I would like to see that happen.
" How come you will do it since you haven't trained to learn it yet?" Yasmin question.
" Well, Eddi forced Charlotte to train me in witchcraft. Since she is incredible at witchcraft even better than Sabrina," Haniya said.
" Finally, I will know what happens after someone dies, " Nina excitedly said.
" I didn't even think that way," Haniya claim.
" Now, you do," Yasmin said.
After having my breakfast, I went to take a wash. I took off my ring that controls my powers. When I turn on the shower, I used my power to heat the water and later cool the water when I couldn't handle the heat, I repeated this process until I am tired of using my powers. I did this because I wanted to avoid thinking about Ace and the confrontation I am planning to do.
I wore a long off-shoulders dress and I only applied lip gloss. Asha wore an oversize shirt, only tugging one side. Haniya wore a crop shirt with loose jeans and as expect Yasmin's outfit was similar to her. Roshini wore a blouse that shows her back along with black pants. Nina wore an oversize shirt but styled the shirt that looked like an off-the-shoulder crop top and she wore plenty of slivers jewellery.
On the way, I read about human and wolves' anatomy and pressure points. Later discussing it with others.
" Disha, you really like science," Nina stated as she hates science.
" Of course, I always found science interesting especially biology," I said.
" Then why didn't you pursue medical like you always dreamed of?" Asha asked.
" Because Dad thought it could be too much of stress to handle for me," I scoffed.
I was serious about studying the medical field but Dad thought that study will stress his fragile, emotionally weak daughter. I fought with him because of this and it took three months for me to finally agree with him. That's not because I agreed with his reason but I was done fighting for it. That's how I used to be, a weak girl who couldn't stand for herself or fight for her dreams.
Look at my luck, I have to study medical topics. Even though it won't classify me as a doctor or nurse. Still, I am learning about it for the future which will be useful.
" Today, we will be examining the dead body of a vampire," Isaac spoke while his mate Lydia stood next to him.
" Before examining can I practice my witch power to talk to the dead?" Haniya asked,
" Is it your first time trying to communicate with death?" Lydia asked.
" Yes," Haniya answered.
" Great, if this does well then you can help us to identify dead bodies and the reason for their dead. The more you practice the easier it will be for you to use the power," Isaac spoke.
Isaac removes the sheet that was covering the body. The body looks pale and has stitches in the centre of his heart which is most probably from the post-mortem.
" Vampires were considered immoral until we found him. Our specialised doctors did various tests to find the cause of his death but failed. Hopefully, we will be knowing the reason today," Lydia spoke and looked at Haniya with a hopeful expression.
Haniya walked toward the body and hold his cold, paled and stiff hand. I couldn't sense a change in Haniya's aura and nothing happen for five minutes.
" It's not happening," Haniya let out a frustrating sound.
" It's okay, you can try it next time," Isaac spoke with a stoic expression.
" How was he found?" Haniya asked.
" According to the reports, he was found by one of his clan members who went for a walk in the forest. He said that while his leader was dying he said," The wolves...the sun...,". The council tried various methods like interrogating various people regardless of their race, hiring expert royalties in the mission, or appointing the best trackers to find an even a smell in the forest that might help to solve the mystery," Lydia spoke.
" The council contacted abundant of the banshee for this but none of them was able to find the source," Isaac added the information.
Out of blue, I felt a surge of power coming from Haniya whose aura was powerful...it can also classify as lively and dead.
" He felt an intrusion in his territory so he went to check what it was. There was a group of warlocks, witches, werewolves, vampires and humans who were false hunters. They were discussing the prophecy of arriving sun-shinners. They were looking for people with sun-shinner genes and with the recent clues, they found out that South Asian counties like India, Pakistan, Srilanka, Nepal, and Bangladesh may have people with sun-shinner genes. It is because Arush the Serpent King took the sun-shinner wolves to India for execution. It was rumoured during that time that she-wolves were raped and gave birth to numerous children. Children with serpent powers were taken care of by Arush's older sister. But those who were born as humans were sent away to the human territory. They were looking eager to find people with sun-shinner genes so they can perform a ritual where they will be able to obtain sun-shinner powers. He wouldn't find more about their plans as he was found. One of the warlocks cast a spell that made him like he was dead but he was alive all the time until a post-mortem was performed," Haniya mumbled.
The story behind his death surprised everyone in the room.
" I was able to connect to him after sympathising with the pain he might have gone through," Haniya announced.
" Is this the cause of the war that was mentioned in the prophecy?" Roshini asked.
" When did they perform post-mortem? like after how many hours?" Nina asked with a blank look on her face.
" After a month," Lydia answered.
Nina got angry... wild as she release a growl that almost made Isaac and Lydia go on their keens.
" I am hitting the gym," Nina said and ran outside the room. There is a gym in the building along with a swimming pool, library, training ground, and room where our other lessons are taught.
" Imagine being treated and feeling like death but still alive," Asha shivered after she said that.
I won't even try to imagine that. It's awful and no matter how much I would imagine the pain it will never match the amount of pain that vampire went through.
" Excuse me, I have to inform the authorities about this now. So Lydia will carry out today's lesson," Isaac informed and was about to leave the room.
" Wait, why did you say authorities rather than the council?" Asha questioned.
Isaac and Lydia looked at each other for a while.
" I really don't want to command you two. So answer what Asha has asked," I warned them and it's true, I wasn't in the mood to command them.
" We don't know much but the council is held for a trial by a royal. We don't know who is the royal or why the council is held for a trial," Lydia spoke. Well, we know but we will not share with you that.
" Did the council was ever held for a trial before?" Roshini raised the question.
" None that we know of," Isaac quickly tells the truth and left.
" Let's begin the class then," Lydia announced.
" Okay... When humans die for about 24-72 hours, their internal organs decompose. After three to five days,
the body starts to bloat and blood-containing foam leaks from the mouth and nose. Then eight to ten days, the body turns from green to red as the blood decomposes and the organs in the abdomen accumulate gas. But from what we found out about him...Who happens to be the first dead body of a vampire who didn't die from his head chopped off from his body or his heart being staked. We found out that a vampire's brain never dies and his eyes hold the image of what they see last. He saw a man who performed the post-mortem on him therefore the man's image is visible from his eye as you can see," Lydia opened the vampire's eyelid to show us the image of a man with a surgical mask on.
" Serpents are also the creature who can hold the image of the last thing they see," Lydia added the information while we were looking at the eye.
" If his brain never died then I can look into his memories," Asha whispered.
" Yes, you can. Look into his memories and find some clue that he missed out on telling Haniya," Lydia said and Asha obeyed her.
" There is a weird symbol, they all had on their wrist... It was a pyramid and an eye on it," Asha said.
" Nina is saying that's annuit coeptis. That sign is also in one dollar," Roshini spoke.
" Wait. You are translating everything to Nina?" Haniya asked.
" No. Through the mind-link, I am letting her heard everything," Roshini explain.
" Is Nina sharing conspiracy theories she saw on YouTube about that sign?" I asked since Nina always shares conspiracy theories behind historical buildings, stories, and government decisions.
" Yes," Roshini said while chuckling.
" Tell Nina to come here to learn rather than using you as a medium and unblock me," Asha muttered.
" She said she will not unblock you and she is still in a bad mood so she wants to exercise. Like blowing some steams will help to calm her down," Roshini explains.
" Why is she blocking me?" Asha's question in a curious and irritating expression.
" Just for fun," Roshini laugh after saying that. Asha on another hand let out a growl hearing Roshini. Nina just loves to annoy Asha, well even Asha pushes Nina's button at times. Like my relationship with my sisters.