Chapter-29

Disha

" Annie, I must say you have great luck. You are one of the people who are meeting the Queen of sunshinners," Beta Liam spoke after the spy, Annie was brought in.
" You are the Queen," Annie spoke in shock as she saw me.
" Alpha told me about you but he was wrong about it, Luna," She said to me with respect as she bowed to me. This action surprised the high-ranked Howler members.
" She never bows to us unless our aura makes her," Alpha Aston muttered.
" Because you are not my Alpha," Annie spat at Alpha in anger.
" What did Ace say about me?"I asked ignoring the glare Annie and the Howler members going to each other.
" He said you are sweet, gentle and kind, Luna...Totally harmless," She gave a kind smile which creeps me out making me realise her respect towards me is fake.
" I am not buying your act so drop it," I spoke in a serious tone which did make her feel unease.
" Tell us about Ace's warriors," I questioned.
" I don't know much. I was undercover since I was seventeen and whenever I visit the pack by the way the location changes a lot. I never went or wasn't allowed to see their training because of the possibility of getting caught so I won't be able to tell about the warriors," she answered calmly looking at me as if she knows something or if she have the upper hand.
" Tell me what the hell are you smiling like a freak?" I commanded making her smile vanish and seeing her struggle to disobey me but that failed.
" Alpha said he found a perfect woman to train our warriors... He said she still training but her fighting skills are brutal and he thinks she can kill without blinking... I got to know from other members he has made a team lure her into our pack," she blurbs out everything as she vomited.
" Who is she?" Alpha Aston questioned as he growls.
" I don't know," She lied effortlessly making everyone in the room believe she is telling the truth.
" Stop lying and tell the truth about the woman," I commanded again as I shut my eyes annoyed.
" From Epsilon Samuel, I got to know that she is related to you, Luna," She answer looking at my pack members guessing whom Ace talked about.
Luckily for us, we knew who he was talking about after all I saw her kill a rogue the last time we came to Howler Pack.
" How can you stay calm, Luna?... After knowing Alpha is fond of one of your members, " Her attempt to mock after composing herself made me laugh.
" To be honest, I don't care whom he is fond of," After all he loves me and that matters to me the most.
" Really, Luna... Aren't you fear Alpha's fondness turning into an obsession? I have seen it personally and let me tell you, he could kill you for his obsession," She leans toward me as she whispers the last sentence.
" What do you mean?" Halona and I asked as that affected us more than we thought. Annie looked satisfied with our reaction that she leaned back and said,
" Alpha Ace is a great man... I used to be afraid of him until he showed his gentle side. He never fails to show his dominance over me to our pack members," Annie smirked in the end enjoying seeing my miserable face.
"Then why he hasn't attempted to save you?" Luna Anna's questions make me think Annie tried to trick me and I fall into it.
" He will save me," Annie spoke in confidence while Halona is trying to take control so she can kill Annie without hesitation.
" I'm going for a run. Make her spill everything," I mind-linked Asha and Roshini who nodded to me.
Then as I was going I could hear Annie's laugh mocking me but a sudden sound of a slap brought silence. That made Halona and me satisfied a bit.
After shifting, Halona ran like a bullet wandering everywhere. I didn't realise Halona ran outside the Howler pack until she stopped to take a rest.
Halona watches the surroundings as she sits. Slowly the sight in front started to blur and allowed us to fall asleep. Taking me to the world where Ace wasn't wrong or his parents and packs are alive. That led to the part where I wasn't bitten and turned into a werewolf after all in this world Samuel aka stalker is a sane person. As I was enjoying the dream, I started to feel the wetness on my face and neck.
The moment I open my eyes I saw a huge wolf in front of me. That scared the hell out of me and I immediately screamed. While the wolf whines and tries to hug me then I smell the scent of rich wine and smoke. Filling the emptiness inside I felt for days while Halona purrs in happiness to see Ron, Ace's wolf.
"Give me the control. I wanted to spend time with Ron," I obeyed Halona's command and shifted back into a wolf. Halona instantly ran after shifting and I could feel her excitement for teasing Ron.
Soon enough Ron was able to catch Halona. He uses his teeth to hold Halona's neck making her submit. Then Ron tries to mate which made me take back control. But Halona doesn't give as she also wants to mate with him.
I never thought about this otherwise I could have never given control to Halona in the first place. Then again, I scolded myself to think Halona is sensible and forgot that she is a wolf who relies on her animal instinct.
I soon shifted to human form after Halona gave me control. And the same thing happens with Ace who is looking regretful as well. Without saying a word, Ace was leaving but I shouted at him,
" What is Annie to you?" My question must have confused him at first as he was frowning for a while.
" Just a means to release my stress," He answered honestly as I can feel his emotions which were disturbing me.
" Our wolf marked each other... we could feel each other feelings now," Ace answer my unspoken question.
" That's why your aura is strong now," I concluded as I notice the change in his aura but Ace shakes his head and explained,
" My parents were both Alpha Blood which is rare because normally one of the couples has to be submitted wolf another has to be dominated wolf. And being their child made me the strongest werewolf. I used to hide my aura as I was undercover," I nodded as I observed what Ace said. If Ace is the strongest werewolf then why did he need to lure her?
" Ace... why are trying to lure Nina into your pack?" I ran to hold his hand as he turn to leave.
" She was able to kill my top warrior when she was a human... I saw her training as well to find she is brutal which I need in my pack. I thought of ways how to lure her into my pack but it fails because of Asha... Until I saw her tattoos which did help but after my truth was out. It was useless," Ace spoke trying to ignore the sparkles he is feeling from my touch.
" Leave my hand, mate," Ace orders me but I didn't listen.
I took out the ring box, Epsilon Carol gave me.
" I got this from Epsilon Carol... Here it's yours," I handed him the box which almost made him cry.
" It used to be a tradition in my pack that Luna's ring passes down to the next Luna... My mom never liked ruby so she never wore it but kept it safe for you. Dad did the same for me," Ace explained as he open the box easily and showed there were two rings inside the box. Both of the rings were white gold but one have a huge circular ruby.
" This belongs to you, mate," Ace spoke while he puts the ring on my finger and then wears another ring.
" It looks like we are engaged," I whisper as I was looking at the ring in sadness. I never expected my proposal to be this depressing.
" I will see you at the battlefield," Ace kissed my forehead.
" We will see when you try to take your members back from Howler Pack," Ace smirked at my comment and left after turning into Ron. Suddenly, strong wind erupted out of nowhere blinding me for a few seconds due to the dust and when I open my eyes the area was back to normal.
" What was that about?" I asked Halona but she was sound asleep after the heavy workout. I roll my eyes thinking about that and started to curse myself non-stop as I reach the Howler Pack.
There were howls, barks, and screams and everyone was running. Everything was chaotic as I walked to the pack house.
" What happened?" I asked once I saw Nina and Yasmin in the hall.
" Ace's pack attacked and took the members back," Yasmin answered while Nina was thinking deeply that she didn't realise my present until Yasmin patted her shoulder.
" Is everything okay, Nina?" Yasmin asked looking a bit concerned while I sat down with them.
" Asha can't kill... Both of us saw she didn't kill one of the attackers or any who went to kill her... Don't make her participate in the war," Nina spoke to me as soon as she saw me.
" Do you think she will stay back while we are fighting in the war?" I question as I also have thought about Asha. She doesn't even kill a mosquito because she feels guilty afterwards.
" You are the Queen, order her," Nina muttered looking anxious. Most probably thinking about Asha and how will she protect herself during the war.
" I will talk to her and if she didn't listen. I will command her," I promised Nina who finally looked satisfied and happy.
" Where were you?" Yasmin asked looking at me with a frown.
" After my run, I slept and met Ace... I gave him the box and it had the rings... Technically, I am engaged now," I showed the ring to their shocked expressions which cause them to stop breathing for a second.
" That's a beautiful ring," Yasmin exhaled and looked at it with immense interest.
" To be honest, Disha, only one thing is popping into my head this is a fuckup situation," Nina spoke in nervousness making to chuckle as I nodded in agreement.
" That's my life after the attack," We all laugh at my statement for a while. Because Alpha Aston, Luna Anna, Asha and Roshini arrived.
" You met Ace," Asha announced as she smell him from me.
" Are you fine? Did he hurt you?" Asha asked acting hyper-anxious.
" I am fine, Asha... He didn't hurt. Our wolves spend time and I asked a few questions, " I shared as Asha looked a bit relieved.
" Beta Asha," a servant came with lemon juice and serve Asha who gladly drank it completely.
" She was feeling nausea seeing blood and dead bodies," Luna Anna said.
I looked at Nina who gave a look that said, ' see what I mean '. I knew Asha have fear of blood but I forgot about it until now.
" How many people have died?" I asked noticing Asha flinch at my question. She is more sensitive than I am.
" Actually, the Unknown pack killed some of their member which we captures. And our members are only injured," Alpha Aston answered looking glad that none of his members died.
" Why would he kill his members?" I question looking at Apha Aston and Luna Anna hoping for answers which they did had,
" From our interrogation, we got to know those who were killed were newly hired members and lacked fighting skills...also their wolves are feral," Alpha Aston shared and then Luna Anna said,
" I think Ace thought of them as a burden so the thought of killing them is the best choice for him," I hummed in response agreeing with the theory.