Chapter-25

Disha

When I announced the coronation will be tonight. Everyone was shocked except for Nina and they tried to convince me to change my decision but I was adamant. Edward looked at me with narrow eyes the whole time and asked,
" Is this have to do with Ace?"
" Yes," I answered without giving any further explanation.
" He is a high-profile criminal, there is no way he can be the WolfKing," Edward muttered looking serious.
" I know that and I want the coronation tonight. So I can be the WolfQueen and save Ace... I don't trust the council and the royals," I muttered looking at Edward.
" What do you mean by that?" Haniya asked.
" That's a stupid question, Haniya. The Royals and the council didn't punish the real culprits. Instead made up a fake story that is hardly believable. They could kill Ace and the truth will never come out. Because the council and royals will never accept their mistakes. NOW THEY ARE USING ME SO THEY CAN HIDE THEIR CRIMES," I yelled at last and took a deep breath.
" Coronation will be held tonight and that's final," I announced while everyone was looking at me in surprise except for Edward who was smiling.
Why is he smiling?
I ignore him and went to the room. After locking the room, I called Ace.
" Mate, last night I woke up from your call and I was sleepy that's why I didn't talk to you properly," Ace quickly answered and spoke.
" It's okay, Ace. I called you to inform you that tonight will be the coronation ceremony,"
" WHAT?" Ace yelled and he quickly composed, " I didn't mean to shout...I am surprised by what you said,"
" I understand. I decided yesterday that after that vision I had," I said.
" Does that have anything to do with me?" He asked.
" I don't want you to die...Even though you are not a nice guy and have ruined many lives... And I want to reveal the truth to the whole world about what happened to your pack,"
" Revealing the truth will do no good. There are Dukes behind this mess and no one will touch them...," I interrupted Ace by saying,
" I will make them pay for what they did. I am the WolfQueen and I am untouchable not them,"
Ace chuckled listening to me and said, "You have changed mate and it's a good one,"
" What do you mean by that?" I asked while making a curious expression.
" You used to be insecure, mostly you go by the flow but now you are fighting and becoming more confident," Ace answered.
" Oh...What will you do after the war?" I asked.
" I am the Alpha of Unknown and the motto of my pack is
We are the strongest,
We will conquer the world,"
" You won't stop," I whispered.
" I won't back off no matter what," Ace claimed.
" Even for me?" I asked.
" No," Ace's answer caused Halona to whimper and broke my heart into millions of pieces.
" You know what? I couldn't bring myself to hate you. You are a trafficker, murderer... a criminal and you perfectly fit the description of people I was warned to stay away from. Yet, I can't stop my feeling for you... I can't stop feeling bad or sympathising with you. I don't think you are a monster at all. This stops me from following my morals and beliefs," I ended up sobbing.
" You can do whatever you want and I will understand. But don't let anyone stop you even me. If you want to stop me then you have to kill me. I could rather be killed by you than anyone else," Ace spoke and cut the call.
" We can't kill mate," Halona whined.
" But we can stop him," I muttered while wiping off the tears from my cheeks.
" He said that he won't stop for us," Halona whimpered.
" It's easier to say than do it," I spoke and went to take a bath since I have to be fresh. After all, it's my coronation tonight.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The designer who was responsible for the coronation clothes was shocked to know the sudden change in plan. She gave us the already ready-made clothes.
I wore a golden embroidery saree and I wore ancient jewellery that has been passed down to the generation of WolfQueen.
As my Female Beta and Female Gamma wore silver embroidery Anarkali. The only difference between them was the shade of the colour and their jewellery. They also wore ancient jewellery that was given to the people who were the Beta and Gamma.
Haniya was wearing a fusion of Indian and Western clothes. Edward brought a lot of pieces of jewellery for her, saying that it is her right since she is his mate. He didn't care if Haniya wear any of that jewellery but he insisted that Haniya wears an ancient ruby ring at all times during the ceremony. Haniya and Edward complemented each other well. They were looking great and the way Edward was looking at Haniya was filled with love and protection. That made me realise my mistake of thinking about separating them.
Yasmin and Nina were wearing simple salwar and straight pants. Nina was disappointed with her clothes because of which she was grumpy. Asha wasn't in the mood to cheer her up which she usually does. Yasmin doesn't care about her cloth but was behaving like a child. She didn't like the ceremony was held tonight and when I ask for the reason, she just shrugs her shoulders. I ignored her after that since I don't want to ruin my mood.
Tonight, only the royals were able to come. I am glad to know all the Duke and Duchess except for Edward's parents weren't able to come since any of them could be Ace's culprit.
" Disha," Asha who was sitting next to me in the car called me.
" Yes," I answered.
" We are almost there so be attentive," She advised giving me a small smile.
" I am saying this because you will be the centre of attention and...," I interrupted Asha when she was explaining.
" I get it,"
Then the car stop right in front of the castle which now belongs to me. I was the first one to come out of the car. Asha and Roshini followed, this was a custom we have to follow because of our ranks.
As we walk toward the castle, a similar car to ours stops. Yasmin and Nina stepped out of the car following us and not overtaking or walking beside us due to the custom they have to follow. Haniya is already inside with Edward who arrived with his relatives.
Our entry was like a movie scene. As we entered the room, the tall doors were open to us and we followed the red carpet that lead to the stage. When we reach the stage, it was the moment where I have to introduce myself. Normally, it had to be someone else but I order to do it myself. And Halona made sure to emit as much of the aura as she can. Except for one couple, everyone submitted themselves to me.
Along with Halona, I spoke with a confidence I thought I never had, " My name is Disha Singh and my wolf's name is Halona. We are the WolfQueen of the sunshinner,"
" My pack, Sol Hudo is a new pack yet we have been classified as the strongest and wealthiest. I am grateful to the council and the royals who were responsible to take care of the assets of the royal sunshinners. Because of them, we are equally wealthy to the Royal Pack of the moon lighter," Halona and I bend our heads slight for a second to show our gratitude.
"Now I introduce my Beta, Asha Singh and Gamma, Roshini Khanna," Asha and Roshini came forward and stood next to me. Even their auras were dominating but not much as mine.
As practices, we three extend our hands and chant our motto then we spoke the vow or spell that officially makes me the WolfQueen.
" I received what I deserved,
   reborn from the ashes.
    I will rise from the ashes,
   To seek what I deserved.
Votum igitur spondeo aequum esse et iustitiam,"
Translation - I, therefore, take a vow to be fair and justice.
As we finished, everyone clapped and then bowed to us except for one couple who bent their head for a few seconds. The couple is none other than the WolfKing and WolfQueen of the moonlighters.
Then we step down the stage soon people came to talk to us.
" Congratulations on being the WolfQueen of the sunshinners, Queen Disha" The WolfKing of moonlighter, Victor spoke as he reach his hands out.
" Thank you," I said while shaking his hands. I notice he looked offended.
" You should address him with his rank," Haniya mind-linked me.
" My apologies, King Victor. I am still adapting to these changes and if I offended you. I am sorry as I don't have any intention to disrespect or hurt your feeling," After my apologies, King Victor relax and gave a kind smile.
" It's understandable and it's remarkable you six are handling this situation sensibly," King Victor said confidently and looked impressive.
" I hope we will help each other in the future and if there is anything you need help with, you can contact me without hesitation, " King Victor said which gave me the perfect opportunity to bring the topic.
" Actually, there is something I want you to do," I said to King Victor while I looked at Asha and Roshini who had stern expressions but I know they are confused.
" And what is that?" The lady next to King Victor asked who is Queen Barbara.
" I am sorry for not noticing you before, Queen Barbara,"
Then the Queen said, " It's okay, my mate's presence sometimes overshadowed me,"
" Then you should shine that King will never overshadow you, Queen Barbara, " Asha joined the conversation and Queen looked impressive.
" I started to like you already, " Queen smirked and she is right. Asha is likeable and no one could hate her.
King Victor made a sound of clearing his throat making him the centre of attention.
" What do you want me to do, Queen Disha?" He question.
" I want you to investigate the case that happen years ago as the authorities didn't punish the culprit rather than saved them," I spoke which shocked the King then he looked interested.
" Can you share the details, Queen Disha?" It was the Queen who asked.
" The massacre of Dark Knight Pack. The authorities told the public, that it was one man named Aiden who is the former Gamma of Howler Pack. But it isn't the truth. There are groups of people involved such as the former Alpha, Beta of Howler Pack, their mates and the former council," I paused when King raised his eyebrows as if he remembered something.
" My cousin, Prince Edward told me about it. He said that some Dukes are also behind. I promise Queen Disha that I will investigate this matter and punish the culprits this time," King Victor's promise made me relax. As the promise is regarded as sacred after the mate bond in the werewolves community.
" Queen Disha, if you don't mind. Can you share how you got to know about this?" Queen Barbara asked as she takes a sip from her wine.
" I have retrocognition, it's an ability to see the past events," This surprised the King And Queen of moonlighter.
" Interesting, I never thought that power could be true. It was supposed to be the imagination of someone," Queen Barbara commented.
" It is because the power is from my coyote side, " It was Halona who said it proudly.
" No one ever had power from the coyote side. Congratulations on achieving the impossible," King Victor looked amused.
" Have any other of you activated the coyote side power?" King looked at my sisters, cousins and Roshini.
" Queen Disha activated her power last night and she is the first one among us, King Victor," Haniya answered and I felt weird when my sister call me, Queen. Luckily, she won't address me as Queen in private.
" Amazing," Queen Barbara whispered and then she took another glass which had champagne.
" Let's celebrate this moment not only as the rebirth of the sunshinner race but as a new beginning. Where for the first time the first three royal high rankings are women and already making the impossible happen," The Queen raised her glass which everyone followed.
" For the new beginning," Everyone then chanted which made Halona howl in pride.
" Queen Disha," I turn to see Edward bowing in front of me.
" Prince Edward, " I responded as I don't know what to say.
" Meet my father, the Duke of High land Joseph and my mother, the Duchess of high land Amelia," Edward resembled a lot like his mother.
" Queen Disha, It is my pleasure to meet you," Duke Joseph mumbled as he bowed to me which made me uncomfortable as he will be a family member after Haniya marries Edward.
" Thank you, Duke Joseph," I mumbled.
The Duke gazed at Haniya for a second and spoke, " It's a blessing from the moon goddess that my stepson is mated to your sister, Princess Haniya,"
I try not to show any emotions when the Duke called Edward his stepson.
" With your blessing, I hope their future is filled with prosper and happiness,"
He is really making me feel old as if I am the same age as my grandmother.
" That's what I wish for my sisters," I replied.
" Queen Disha, have you thought about Male Beta and Male Gamma? After all, you do need them," Duchess Amelia spoke next which made Asha growl. This action caused everyone in the hall to look at us.
I control myself not to smirk and waited for Asha to talk which she quickly did.
" Queen Disha doesn't need Male Beta or Male Gamma. We will find our mates when the time comes. Until then Gamma Roshini and I are more than capable to handle the responsibility,"
" A woman can't handle a man's job," Duke Joseph muttered seeing Asha as a challenge.
" What makes you decide which job is a man's or woman's?" Asha snapped at Duke Joseph which shocked him.
" Are you going to tolerate this kind of behaviour, Queen Disha?" Duke Joseph questions me with an attitude that made Halona bark.
" Yes, I will," I lift one eyebrow as I look Duke straight into the eyes. He quickly looks elsewhere as it's considered disrespectful to look at high-rank members eye to eye, especially the Royals and Alphas.
Edward didn't bother to defend his stepfather rather I felt he was enjoying this.
" Is it me or did Edward enjoy his stepdad getting humiliated?"  Roshini mind-linked all of us.
" I felt the same," Nina responded.
" I thought the same thing," Yasmin said next and like that, every one of us agreed.
" Queen Disha, when will you choose your mate?" Duchess Amelia questioned as she smirk. This made some of the royals gasp in surprise. That means they know about Ace being my mate.
" What do you mean by that?" I gritted my teeth as Halona is in rage and wants to kill the Duchess for her question.
The Duchess had an expression of fear for a second but she quickly hides. Then compose herself and spoke, " Your fated mate is a high-profile criminal therefore he can't be the WolfKing. You have to reject him,"
That was the last straw for Halona and me. I wanted Edward's mother to regret her action so I gave control to Halona.
Halona roars as she took control of my body. Duchess Amelia took a step back and screamed for help whereas her partner stood like a statue.
" You dare to disrespect me? I AM THE WOLFQUEEN! Who the hell do you think you are? " Halona barks at the woman who disrespected her.
" Queen Disha and Halona, I apologise on behalf of the Duke and Duchess of High land. I will punish them for their disrespect towards you as I am their Queen," Queen Barbara came to the couple's rescue and stood bravely in front of Halona.
Quickly, King Victor stands in front of his mate and covers Queen Barbara with his body as if he is protecting her. The sight of a protective mate made Halona give me control.
" I want them to leave now and I am trusting you, Queen Barbara, for punishing them," I spoke as soon as I got control looking at the Duke and Duchess of High land with rage.
The couple almost ran out of the hall, this made almost everyone in the hall laugh but they control yet few failed.
" I am sorry if my action towards your parents offended you, Prince Edward," I apologise when I remember the fact that those people are Edward's parents.
" Your action is complete justified, Queen Disha" Edward spoke as he look behind me to avoid eye contact. I hope he doesn't behave like this in private.
" Let's forget what happened and enjoyed the night," King announced.
Then the night went good. I guess after the Duke and Duchess scene, no one wanted to mess with me. This is great as it showed me a strong woman and I didn't even fake it.
After the party, the King and the Queen of moonlighters and the council called others and me to a room.
" As you know you all will inherit the property of previous royal sunshinners except for you Gamma Roshini, you will be inheriting the property of previous Solar Wolf descendants. For that, I brought these documents listing all the assets. We all thought it was better to let you decide on dividing the wealth," King Victor explained as Harry handed me the files.
" I have an idea," Yasmin said soon after King Victor finished speaking.
" Why don't we make a will where it clearly states the wealth will be equally divided between the first generation of royals which is us?" Yasmin suggested.
" You mean the wealth will be divided into five parts?" Nina asked.
" No... Imagine if Luv and Kush become werewolves because of their mates. Then it would be a hustle to go through the whole property process," Yasmin explain which made me question her immediately,
" Will Luv and Kush become werewolves?"
" It's just an assumption and I didn't see a vision about it," Yasmin answered.
" I like the idea," Asha commented.
Then others nodded in agreement thus finalise the decision.
" Even I want to do the same thing," Roshini announced.
" Great, then we will take care of the procedure. I promise you will receive everything that your ancestor owned," Sabrina spoke and gave the signature smile that makes me think about her age. Her smile makes her look young than her age.
" Well, this ended up way quicker than I anticipated," Queen Barbara said as she stood up from her place. Then everyone got up and we all gave our regards.
" Now, what's the plan, Disha?" Haniya asked as we were walking in the hallway of the castle.
" I want to stop Ace so for that I will take part in the war," I shared my plan and then Roshini commented.
" I wish I don't die from this war,"
" What made you think that? I will alone do this," I stopped at once as I heard Roshini. Everyone was shocked at what I said, looks like they thought they will fight with me.
" Roshini is your Gamma and I am your Beta. We will fight with you as it's not only our responsibility but our right to stand and support you no matter what," Asha scolded and gave a typical Indian mother disappointed expression.
" Yasmin and I are your sisters that include us to fight along with you against the Unknown," Haniya crossed her arms and looked at me as she is waiting for me to talk.
" I already had this weird dream to participate in a war. So why should I say no to that opportunity," Nina muttered which made Asha give a 'what the hell' look to Nina which mirrors all of our expressions.
" You are weird," Asha commented on Nina and turn her attention back to me.
" You won't be doing this alone and that's final," Asha announced.
" Let them, Disha," Halona advises.
" Okay then, we all will be taking part in this war. We could save other people except for Ace's culprit. Is anyone of you have an objection?" I asked.
Everyone shook their head as no expect for Asha. It looks like she is debating on the matter. Asha believes that everyone deserves to live and she supports the Equal Justice USA organisation that focused on healing rather than punishment. I wonder how long it took to decide she will help me with this war.
" You don't need to answer me now Asha. Take your time," I said which made Asha to nodded. Then we all proceed to leave the castle.
" Do you have any idea what will we say to our parents about the properties and assets we are getting?" Roshini questions.
" Nothing, I never told my parents about my investments and properties that I own," Nina muttered.
" What?" Asha yells at Nina.
" You don't tell Mama and Papa about the properties you own," Asha spoke in disbelief.
" Who does that?" She questions.
" I do it as well," Haniya answered making Yasmin and me shocked.
" Excuse me?" I said and looked at Haniya.
" Can you explain further what you meant?" I made sure to look intimidating which worked as I could feel Haniya is nervous.
" Well, I was having a hard time in my job and Nina convinced me to start investing as it will give me the attention and respect I always wanted in my professional life. So I did it and I wasn't confident about it that's why I never told. As time went by it become a habit," Haniya clarifies.
" Cool, then we won't tell our parents," I mumbled.
"That was shocking for me. As I believed Nina always told about her investment to Mama and Papa," Asha mind-linked me.
" I feel the same. It's their life and they can do whatever they want but it was shocking to know they are financially secured," I chucked at last.
" I know right. I do have many side businesses but my expenses are still uncovered. I thought I have time so I never did much to save my money or reduce my expenses," Asha was sharing her thoughts which I could understand.
" I am in the same boat as you are,"
" Luckily, these properties and assets we are getting are making us financially secure and rich. That means we will be living luxuriously," Asha squealed in excitement.
" This means we don't need to work in our life anymore," I squealed making Asha giggle.
" You are the WolfQueen and I am Royal Beta, our work has just begun," Asha's words gave a hard reality slap on my face and I groan in response.

After reaching the apartment, I went outside the balcony to call Ace.
" Hey, how was your coronation, mate?" Ace asked cheerfully.
" Exhausting," I groaned making Ace chuckle.
" I talked to King Victor and he promised to punish the culprits behind your pack's massacre and the truth will be revealed to the people," I muttered nervously as I am unsure of Ace's reaction.
" What is the use of that? After all, I will kill them all in a matter of weeks," Ace laughed humourlessly.
" There is one more thing I have to say," I muttered closing my eyes.
" You will fight against me," Ace spoke in a matter-of-fact tone. I hummed in response.
" I have told my pack members not to try to save your culprits but we won't let innocent life die," I whispered.
" Then we will meet on the battlefield then," Ace cut the call right after he spoke.
I looked up at the sky, it was a full moon tonight. Is the moon goddess, Selena exists as the werewolves believe or it is Chandra, the Indian god of the moon exists? or Surya, the Indian god of the sun exist or is it Helios, the sun god that exists?
There are many gods and goddesses in mythology that started me to question everything in the existence of life and deity.
After I went through everything since I was a child. I never question the existence of a deity but I am questioning it. The reason behind this is no other than Ace. He did change me and I don't know if it's for good or not. But now it's my turn to change him and make him repent for his crimes. Maybe, that will make it a possibility for Ace and me to be together. After all, I am WolfQueen and I can save him without anyone's help.
I have fallen in love with a criminal and I don't think I regret it. I never regret it even once after I found out about him.
Does this make me insensible or a cruel human being? That I am still planning to save a person that is a high-profile criminal.
" Halona, what do you think?" I whined like a child.
" If it makes us sinner to love then we are the sinner," Halona howls as she goes to sleep.
I went back to my room to sleep with the determination to save Ace.