Rick Potion No. 9

"Principal Vagina here, don't let the name fool you, I'm very much in charge, reminding you that tonight is our annual flu season dance. I don't know how many times I have to say this but if you have the flu, stay home, the flu season dance is about awareness, not celebration. You don't bring dead babies to Passover." He announced over the intercom. You see Morty watching Jessica with her friends at a nearby locker. "Hey." Her friend greeted. "Ohhh. Okay, here we go." He walks over to Jessica and her friends. "What's up Morty?" Jessica asked, then she sneezes. "Uggh" Morty said. "What are you doing?" Brad asked. "Ummm." Morty said nervously. "Wait, wait, Were you about to talk... to her?" Brad asked. 'Oh no.' You thought to yourself, wondering if you should go over to help him. "Well, I mean, I was thinking about it." Morty said "Dude, Stay in your league! Look at how hot she is! You don't see me going to a bigger school, in a wealthier district and hittin' on their prettiest girl!" Brad said. "Gee, thanks, Brad." Jessica said sarcastically. Jessica and Brad walk away. "I throw balls far. You want good words, date a languager." Brad said. Morty stands at the locker alone and looks down in disappointment. You walk over to him. "Hey, Morty. You okay?" You asked. "Oh yeah, I'm fine (Y/n), I just got rejected by Jessica. How do you think I feel?" He snapped. "Correction, you didn't get rejected, Brad just got in the way." You said. "Easy for you to say, you haven't even tried talking to Jack yet." Morty pointed out. "I'm waiting for the right moment." You defended. "Sure." He rolled his eyes, then closed his locker.

Jerry is making a sandwich and talking to Morty at the counter. "Eh, Try not to worry about it, Morty. You're a good kid, and there's not a premium on that right now, but you'll be getting girls sometime after Brad's out of shape." Jerry said. You snickered. Morty plays with a cookie in sadness. "You're missing the point, Dad. I don't want girls, I want Jessica!" He protested. "Ahhh, well," Jerry gets another jar of sauce out of the cupboard. "I remember feeling that way about a young lady named your mom, and that's not an urban dis, your mom was my Jessica. I remember the first time I saw her, I thought..." Jerry began. Rick enters and interrupts Jerry. "I should get her pregnant, then she'll have to marry me." He grabs a glass from a cupboard. "I beg your pardon, Rick, INAPPROPRIATE." Jerry said. Then he points to you and Morty. Rick grabs ice from out of the freezer. "Sorry, please proceed with your story about banging my daughter in high school." He gets juice out of the refrigerator. "I'm not sure you want to take romantic advice from this guy, Morty, his marriage is hanging from a thread." Rick said. "My marriage is fine, thank you." Jerry said angrily. Rick walks towards Jerry.

"Jerry, it's your house, whatever you say it is is how it is. Rick pours juice into the glass. "But I think a blind man could see that Beth is looking for the door. I barely have a reason to care and even I noticed." Rick snapped. "Come on, Rick, don't talk about my parents like that." You said. Rick walks around counter, to Morty. "Listen, Morty, I hate to break it to you, but what people call "love" is a chemical reaction that compels animals to breed. It hits hard, Morty, then it slowly fades, leaving you stranded in a failing marriage. I did it, your parents are gonna do it. Break the cycle, Morty. Rise above. Focus on science." He exits room, drinking juice. Jerry walks next to Morty. "Alright, well, I'm gonna go get dressed for the dance." He exits kitchen and you decide to follow him. "Yeah, I'm just going to...check on your mom." Jerry walks in the opposite direction. Rick is working on a machine, on his desk, as Morty enters, in his suit. Next you walk in in your dress. "Wow, you looks great, (Y/n)." Morty said. You smiled at him. "Thanks, Morty. You look pretty handsome yourself." You said. He gave you a shy smile. "Hey, can one of you hand me that screwdriver?" Rick asked. You close the door. "I'm almost finished making my ionic defibulizer, guys. It's gonna be great." Rick said.

"Hey, listen, Rick. You know how you said that, you know... love is a chemical and all that stuff from earlier?" Morty walks to Rick at his desk. "Well, I was thinkn', you know, www... could you make some sort of chemical thing happen inside of Jessica's mind, you know, so where she falls in love with me and all that sort of thing, you know, like maybe make some sort of love potion or something? And maybe make one for (Y/n) too?" Morty asked. "Morty, I don't want a love potion." You said. Morty turned to look at you. "Why not?" He asked. "Because then it's not true love." You argued. "What do you mean?" Morty raised an eyebrow. "Morty, think about it. If you give someone a love potion then you're basically forcing them to fall in love with you against their will. And then it isn't real love. That's not what I want. I don't want a relationship based on lies, if I'm going to have a relationship, I want it to be real. With true feelings. Besides, if you try to take shortcuts to love, things usually never end well. So you can go ahead and have a love potion for Jessica, but I'm not using one." You said. Morty just shrugged. "Okay then. Well, could you make me one, Rick?" Morty asked.