The Ricklantis Mixup

Rick prepares a harpoon gun and you and Morty are dressed in full scuba gear. "Alright, guys. You ready for our adventure to the lost city of Atlantis?" Rick asked. Morty gives a thumbs-up. "Ready as I'll ever be, Rick!" He said. "Same here!" You said. A portal opens behind them. You, Rick and Morty K-22 enter. "Oh, for fuck's sake." Rick cursed. Rick K-22 is holding a clipboard. "Hello, I'm Rick K-22. This is my Morty and (Y/n). Morty K-22 waves. "Hi!" (Y/n) K-22 said cheerfully. "We're going from reality to reality, asking Ricks to contribute to the Citadel of Ricks redevelopment fund." Rick K-22 said. "What are you, stupid? We're done with the Citadel of Ricks. I was *burp* never on board with it in the first place, that's why I murdered everyone in charge and left it to rot." Rick snapped. Rick K-22 examines the clipboard. "Ohhh. That was you. He passes clipboard to his Morty. "They tried to murder him first." Morty said. "Oh geez. Well, you'll be happy to know that... the Council's gone now." Rick K-22 said. "Yeah, he knows. He murdered them." You said. "You wanna rein in your (Y/n)?" Rick K-22 asked. "Every day." Rick says glaring.

"Shut up, Rick!" You shouted. Morty K-22 begins reading from script. "The Citadel of Ricks redevelopment fund donates--" "Morty, he's not gonna *belch* donate. You're pitching the policeman's ball to a black teenager here." The other Rick pulls out his portal gun and shoots a new portal* Let's go." Morty K-22 waves and walks through the portal with (Y/n) K-22. "You don't have to be a dick." Rick said. "I think you know that's not true." Rick K-22 also exits through the portal, which disappears. "Geez. I didn't know there were still Ricks, (Y/n)s and Mortys living on the Citadel. I wonder what their day-to-day lives are like." Morty said. Rick straps harpoon gun to his back. "Well, you can keep wondering that while we go on our fun, fresh, self-contained adventure to Atlantis. Rick shoots a portal. "Anyone continuing to explore the Citadel is either stupid, or one of the unfortunate millions held hostage by their terrible ideas." Rick exits through the portal. "Man. Glad I'm not one of them!" You said. You jump into the portal. Morty fixes his scuba gear and runs through the portal after you.

Time Skip

The Citadel, still undergoing construction after the damages from the events of "The Rickshank Rickdemption", is full of damaged buildings and roadways. Cars, both flying and standard, are traveling. A large crowd of (Y/n)s, Ricks with Mortys interspersed throughout walks down a street. Ricks work in a construction crew, rebuilding damaged structures. Campaign Manager Morty pays for coffee and exits Cafe Sanchez. He tries to hail a cab, which passes him up and picks up a Rick in a business suit.

[Int. Shooting range]

At the police academy, trainee Ricks practice shooting. Cop Rick shoots synthetic Gromflomites. He and his instructor salute one another upon his success.

[Int. Morty Academy]

A line of (Y/n)s and Mortys grab their books and close their lockers, all of which feature pictures of Jessica while Teacher Rick looks on.

[Int. Train]

Many Ricks are commuting to work. They all pull out flasks and take a drink at the same time. Rick J-22 looks out the window and sees a wealthy Rick in a flying car, enjoying sardines and champaign. He sighs. "Citadel Morning News: News about the Citadel in the morning. Pretty self explanatory." A Rick said. Rick 0716 and Rick 0716-B anchor at the desk. "Good morning. I'm Rick D716-B." One Rick said. "And I'm Rick D716." The other said. "Must be nice." Rick D716-B said. "Coming up! Gravity outages in East Sanchez Heights!" Rick D716 said. "And, is your uranium-powered cellular matrix making you sick? The answer may not surprise you. It's 'yes, it's uranium.'" Rick D716-B said. "Those stories and more after this break." Rick D716 said. A young Rick works in his garage as pleasant music plays. "Sixteen iterations off the central finite curve, there's a Rick that works more with wood than polarity plating." Simple Rick finishes a present for his Beth and wraps it. "His name is Simple Rick, but he's no dummy." There's a view from a handheld video camera. Simple Rick films Beth blowing out candles on her birthday cake. "He realized long ago that the greatest thing he'd ever create was his daughter." The narrator said.