The Ricks Must Be Crazy

You and Morty are walking away from Egan Cinema. "Geez, I can't believe we found a version of Earth with a Ball Fondlers movie franchise." Morty said. "I can't believe the things this reality considers PG-13." Summer said. "Yeah, I'm pretty jealous." You said. "Don't be (Y/n), there are pros and cons to every reality, fun facts about this one; it's got giant telepathic spiders, eleven 9/11's, aaaand the best ice cream in the multiverse!" Rick said. "Shut up!" Summer said. "W-whoa!" Morty said. "We're gonna go get some ice-cream motherfuckers!" Rick tries to start the car but it doesn't start. "Oh great." Rick said sarcastically. "Oh boy. What's wrong Rick, is it the quantum carburettor or something?" You asked. "Quantum carburettor? Jesus (Y/n); you can't just add a sci fi word to a car word and hope it means something. Huh, it looks like something's wrong with the microverse battery - we're going to have to go inside." Rick said. "Uhm. Go inside what?" Morty asked. "The battery Morty. Be right back Summer; stay put, don't touch any buttons, and ignore all random thoughts that feel -- spider-y." Rick said. "Wait! You can't leave me here!" Summer shouted.

"You'll be fine. Ship, keep Summer safe." Rick said. "Keep. Summer. Safe." The ship repeated. "Egh, wonderful." She said sarcastically. A man with scar across his face and a ponytail approaches the car. "Hey, excuse me, hello?" He asked. "Uhmm..." Summer said. "What you think you're better than me? Nobody's better than me! Ey! ey!" He starts banging on the ship's window; the ship extends an arm from the back and cuts him into cubes with a laser. "Agh! Aghaaaa!" Summer shouted. "Keep. Summer. Safe." The ship said. "Hey man, what the hell! That was my daughter's paediatrician! Uagha!" The ship lifts him off the ground with an arm and prepares to kill him with another laser. "No! Stop, don't kill him!" Summer shouted. The ship beeps. "Confirmed." The ship fires a single red laser into his back, and drops him to the ground. "Uaghuu. Ugh. Uh. Oh God! I can't feel my legs! Help! He-elp!" The man shouted. "Summer is safe." The ship said. Summer curls into fetal position and starts crying. "I don't feel safe." Summer cried. "Confirmed." The ship reclines chair and begins playing soothing music. The now paralysed man bangs on the door while crying. "Oh God help me! Help me! help me please! You can help me." He shouted.

Time Skip

"Oh man. Where are we Rick?" Morty asked. "Morty, remember eight seconds ago when -burp- when you said 'go inside what' and I said 'the battery' and then we showed up here?" Rick asked. "How could he not remember that?" You asked. Rick turned to glare at you for a second. "And then we showed up here, and I wasn't like, "Whoa, this is unexpected. This is not what I was expecting, Morty. What a perplexing mystery this is." Rick continued. "All right, all right. We're inside the battery. I get it. You don't have to bust my balls." Morty said. "Huh, this isn't right. This pipe's supposed to be sending 20 terawatts of juice up to the engine, guys." Rick said. The computer beeps. "Instead we've got... zero? Now what are these people doing?" Rick asked. "People?" You asked. "It's time for some hands-on engine repair. All right, you two, hold on to something." Rick said. "Whoa!" You and Morty said. "Holy crap! I thought we were inside your car battery, Rick. T-t-this is like a whole p-planet or something." Morty said. "Thanks, Morty. I'm pretty proud of this bad boy. Check it out." Rick said. The keypad beeps.

"I put a spatially tessellated void inside a modified temporal field until a planet developed intelligent life. I then introduced that life to the wonders of electricity, which they now generate on a global scale. And, you know, some of it goes to power my engine and charge my phone and stuff." Rick said. "You have a whole planet sitting around making your power for you? That's slavery." You said. "It's society. They work for each other, (Y/n). They pay each other. They buy houses. They get married and make children that replace them when they get too old to make power." Rick said. "That just sounds like slavery with extra steps." Morty said. "Ooh-la-la, someone's gonna get laid in college." Rick said. "It appears we are being revisited by the alien known as Rick, who once gave our world the gift of gooble box technology, which, when stomped on, generates electricity, powering our homes and businesses, improving our daily lives, while safely removing the dangerous waste power to a special disposal volcano. But why has Rick returned? And what will he say when he hears the big news? Let's find out." An alien said.