Chapter One

It was a normal day for Zayn, he and his best friend Louis were hanging out at the apartment Zayn stayed with with his boyfriend. Zayn and his boyfriend, Matthew, have been together since Zayn was seventeen and Matthew was twenty-three. going on three years. Louis has been Zayn's best friend since they were in the fourth grade, around ten years old, when Louis transferred to the elementary school Zayn was at. When the two of them were juniors in high school, one of Louis' former friends, Niall transferred to the high school and that's when Zayn met Matthew. through Niall.

In the beginning everything was sunflowers and daisies. Matthew was the sweetest, nicest, happiest guy ever towards Zayn. But when Zayn graduated from high school a year later, Matthew changed. He no longer had to put up a front, he was able to be his true self without having to worry about Zayn's friends. When Zayn graduated he immediately moved in with Matthew, instead of going off to college. Zayn got his very first job when he graduated high school, working at a Starbucks. Matthew controlled that as much as he could, he added Zayn onto his bank account so Zayn's checks could be transferred into it, instead of Zayn opening up his own account. Kinda like a joint account but only one was allowed access to it, even though they both did have access to it. Zayn wasn't allowed to touch his money.

That should have been red flag number one for Zayn, but he was so in love with Matthew he overlooked it. He also overlooked the bruises he'd receive every single time he and Matthew would argue. Matthew didn't have to cover up who he was anymore, he'd let his anger get the best of him. and Zayn was always on the receiving end of said anger. Once Matthew realized what he did, he'd always apologize and take Zayn on a shopping spree. Everything would be normal for a day or two, but then the cycle would just repeat itself.
Until one day, Matthew didn't apologize he just left Zayn bloodied and bruised on the floor of the living room while he left to go get inebriated. And when he returned he acted like Zayn was making things up, that he actually did not put hands on the younger guy. Thus a new cycle was born, Matthew would beat Zayn, sometimes for no reason, and then would act like Zayn was the problem.

It didn't take long for Zayn to realize he wasn't going to be able to cover the bruises, all the time, his job at Starbucks had to come to an end. Which left him stuck in the apartment with Matthew twenty-four/seven, with no way out. He didn't have his drivers license, he was only allowed to see his friends on certain days, he was required to make sure any and all bruises were covered so his friends wouldn't get too suspicious. He wasn't allowed to leave the house when his friends were over. Matthew wanted complete control over Zayn's every movements and thoughts. and he got it.

When Louis came over, he never suspected a thing. that's what Zayn and Matthew thought at least. He noticed Matthew would stay as close by as possible. Zayn would only speak in short phrases, looking over at Matthew before he would even speak. As if Matthew was giving him permission to talk. There visits were always limited to a half an hour, maybe an hour at most depending on what mood Matthew was in. When Louis would leave, Zayn would just have to hope he didn't mention anything that would have angered his boyfriend. Then again, Matthew didn't need a reason to throw Zayn around like a rag doll.

*A/N:

Haii there!!!

I do not condone violence in any way shape or form. This is just strictly for this story. It's an idea that came to me, and I wanted to write it. If this is not something you are interested in reading, you are not obligated to read it. :)

Just a little bit of background info for this chapter.

I hope you guys like it.

What did you like?

What did you dislike?

What do you wanna see happen?

Comment and vote if you'd like.
Please

Thank you

Love all of you

-Sam*