Chapter Twenty-Three

30 weeks pregnant

Liam was sitting in his office, staring at the numbers that were displayed on the screen of his burner phone. Wishing that they would just disappear, because he didn't want to do this. Of course with one tap of a button, they would disappear. but he knew he had to do this, for Zayn and the babies. Liam pressed the record button on his cell phone before pressing the dial button on the burner phone. He placed the phone on speaker and just listened as it rang. Hoping no one would answer.

"Hello?"

"Horan."
There was a brief silence on Niall's side before his voice was heard again, "can't say that I am surprised Payne, did you finally realize that Zayn isn't the innocent little angel he portrays himself as?" 

Liam wanted to defend Zayn, but caught himself before opening his mouth to talk. "Yes."

"Really?"

"Yes. I am willing to bring him to you, if you can promise me that you won't kill him," Liam spoke, hating he had to do this.

"Never said I was going to kill him." 

"Where are you?" Liam asked.

"I should be asking you the same thing. Got me going all over the world looking for you two. I never signed up to play hide and seek."

"Why are you searching for us?" Liam was just simply curious. "Figured you would've given up once the prosecutor decided to press charges on Zayn."

"Because he fled, with help from you nonetheless. Now I'm going to make sure he makes it back to America and be put away for the rest of his natural life."

"So again, where are you?" Liam repeated.

"The Maldives. Where are you two?"

"Fuck," Liam mumbled. "I'm not telling you our exact location. We will meet you at the US embassy in France."

"Do you think I'm dumb?"

"It's the Embassy or you can continue to play hide and seek."

"Fine. One week, you will produce him in one week," Niall said before hanging up.

Liam turned off the recording he had going and put his burner phone away. The older man placed his head in his hands, as he thought of how he was going to keep Zayn alive during this. He doesn't believe Niall for a second, when he said he wasn't going to kill him.
Liam got up and went to search for Zayn, he just wanted to be with his boy for a moment. before having to come up with a solid plan with Harry and Louis.
He ended up finding Zayn in the living room, sitting on the couch. Ice cream sandwich in one hand and a magazine in the other.

"Hey sweet boy, do you mind if I cuddle you for a minute?" Liam asked as he stood next to the couch.

"I don't know how well that will work with my big belly. But go for it. Is everything okay?"

"Everything is fine, I just wanted to be close to you," Liam said as he tried getting close to Zayn but was unable to figure out how.

"Okay, hang on," Zayn said as he finished his ice cream. He got up and waddled into the kitchen, where he washed his hands so they weren't sticky any longer. before going back into the living room. "Alright, either sit or lay down which ever is more comfortable for you."

Liam did as told, once he was comfortable Zayn climbed on top of him and laid down on his side.

"Is this okay?" Zayn asked.

"Perfect baby," Liam responded as he wrapped his arms around Zayn.

The two of them ended up falling asleep laying like that, being woken up a few hours later by Harry and Louis. Who were being obnoxiously loud, in the next room over.

"Hey sleeping beauty," Liam whispered

"Hi. Are you feeling better now?" Zayn asked as he moved to get up.

"Very much so, thank you."

The two of them got up, Zayn went off to the bathroom, while Liam went into the kitchen. Where loud and louder were sitting, who conveniently got quiet when Liam walked in.

"How did your phone call go today?" Harry asked.

"We have one week," Liam responded as he grabbed himself and Zayn a bottle of water.

"For what?"

"To produce Zayn at the US Embassy in France. That is where I chose to have the meeting place at. So we are going to be leaving tomorrow morning."

"Did he tell you where he is right now?" Louis asked.

"The Maldives. Which is why I'm having us all leave in advance, so they don't find us first," Liam explained.

"I'll get in contact with people we know that work in the embassy and explain the situation," Harry said as he got up and walked off.

"I can not wait for this to be all over with," Liam said as he placed his forehead against the countertop.

*A/N:

Haii there!!!

A little shorter chapter than normal. I'm just trying to get something out.

Not too many chapters remaining.

Hope you guys liked this chapter.

What did you like?

What did you dislike?

What do you wanna see happen?

Goal 7 votes and 7 comments.
Please

Thank you

Love all of you

-Sam*