In Bloom (Megan Thee Stallion x You)

Surprise! New year, new book, same old me with commitment issues!

Based on In Bloom by Moses Sumney.

In my heart, in my chest,
Six feet beneath the flesh,
When you held my hand,
But you sighed BFF.

Your POV

Confidence, an overwhelming amount of it seeped out of her pores. But it wasn't in a way that would make you think she's conceited. It was in the way that she stuck beside her opinions and actions wholeheartedly. Unapologetically. The 'she' in question, is my best friend.

Our friendship started in the sophomore year of college, and for me, was highly unexpected. Everyone who was somebody on campus knew Megan after we saw her in "The Houston Cypher" back in 2016. After her success with that, she decided to start uploading her freestyles to YouTube, but wanted someone to direct music videos for them.

At the time I was still a graphic design and marketing obsessed person, hiding behind the guise of being a pre-health STEM major to appease my parents. I was making money on the side by compiling footage of athletes around school into edits and highlights videos for their social media and scouting purposes.

"You Y/N?" The voice snapped me out of my trance and suddenly I could hear all the bustle around me, reminding me I was in the student center.

I looked up from editing a new compilation of footage, this time for a football player, to see Megan towering over me.

She was holding a cup of sweet tea by the lid and swirled it around, making the ice cubes clink together as she waited expectantly for my answer.

"Yeah, that's me," I answered before I saved my progress and looked back up to give her my full attention.

"I'm Megan," she introduces herself with a smile.

"I know who you are," I say, returning the look.

She glances at the other stool across from me and looks back at me. I nod and motion for her to take a seat. She sits her cup down on the table and climbs into the chair.

She takes another sip of her drink and says, "I knew you were a bad bitch. All the bad bitches know me. You fine too. I saw some of them videos you be making for people when I was on Twitter the other day. You free this Saturday?"

I didn't even really think about whether I was free or not, but something about her made me decide I would move hell and earth to free my schedule up for whatever she was talking about.

"I can be," I joked.

She smirked at me, it was naturally seductive because that's who she is. She picked up her tea and stood up from the stool. Had I said something wrong? Did she have somewhere to be?

"Good. I'll message you the address on Twitter. Bring yo' lil' camera and a pair of running shoes, because we're 'bout to be chasing a bag, Y/N," she beamed before walking away.

A couple days later, I was in the middle of your average Houston neigborhood filming the music video for the Stalli freestyle. Little did I know, it would be the beginning of a friendship with mutual benefits.

Present day

I was laid out, sun beaming down on my abdomen, it's radiance bringing a comforting warmth. I crossed my legs and sighed as I continued scrolling through TikTok. That "take them titties out, cause I'm trynna see 'em" sound had been plaguing my for you page. I had joked a couple days ago that Megan should feature her on her next song.