Movie Star (Rihanna x You)

Starting to update more frequently, let's see how long I can keep this up tbh

Your POV

I have never been so embarrassed in my life. I was currently bent over with my head in my hands, trying to escape the judgmental gaze of the hundred celebrities surrounding me as the movie continued to play in the background.

Tonight was supposed to go off without a hitch. It was my first movie since taking a mental health hiatus from acting after being verbally abused the entire duration of filming for my last movie two years ago. That movie was absolutely terrible by the way, and the critics made sure to tell me all about it online as if I didn't suffer enough in its production. I walked away from that movie with little to no profit and a battered sense of self. I ultimately decided that I was done putting so much in and getting nothing out.

I pretty much decided to hang up my career and just go back to living a normal life. No screenwriters reached out to me and I didn't reach out to them. That was until last winter when I randomly got a call from my agent, Victoria, about some director trying to make a comeback in his career and thinking it was the perfect time for me to make one of my own.

Somehow, I let her convince me to do it. Though, in the current moment, watching how bad this movie was, I really wish I followed my gut.

"Victoria...really? This sounds like a bad Tyler Perry movie," I whined as I went over the script  while we sat in my kitchen together.

Victoria lowered her glass of water with a giggle, "It can't be that bad, Y/N. Let me see."

I handed her the packet and watched as she scanned the words with no emotion. Then suddenly her face changed, and I could tell she got to the part. The part where I told my husband that I was having an affair with his childhood best friend who just so happened to also be his secretary and a woman.

"See? I told you this is bad. Maybe I should pull out now before it's too late," I suggested.

Victoria quickly shook her head, "Okay, it's pretty bad I will admit. But you'll never get back into this industry until you show them that you're ready to make a comeback."

"Comebacks are supposed to be good," I grumbled.

"Yours will be. I can promise you that."

Now here I was, forced to watch myself on the big screen in a bad wig and an outfit I would be caught dead in if it were real life. Forced to watch my 'husband' berate me and call me out of my name for sleeping with another. Not to mention the onslaught of homophobia due to him being heavily involved in the church.

Some of my colleagues were starting to turn around and glance at me. The embarrassment was becoming too much and the walls of the viewing room were closing in. I grabbed Victoria's wrist and gave it a squeeze before I got up from my seat and quickly scooted down the aisle.