Over (Part 2)

Y'all be 'part two'-ing my ass to death on these 😭 but shoutout to y'all because otherwise it would never get done. Short and sweet, but truly there's not much drama to unpack in this oneshot, especially since everyone voted for Nicki! Also, not me writing smut two updates in a row, this is unheard of!

Your POV

"Y/N, over here!"

I hate awards ceremonies.

"Smile for the camera, Y/N!"

The bright strobe lights. The uncomfortable formalwear. The directions being shouted from every direction. Seeing my ex-girlfriend just a few paces down the carpet from me.

It's my first time seeing her since our final talk almost two months ago where I effectively ended our relationship and communication. It was already over, she was just having trouble coming to terms with the decision that she made on that fateful day a few months back. I should've expected to see her here since almost every music artist comes to these things even if they're not nominated, but my veins still ran cold watching her smile for the camera and charm the viewers with those vibrant green eyes.

I stole glances at her between camera flashes, trying to see how she was holding up or if she'd even noticed me at all, but it was futile. She's been in the business way longer than me, she knows how to turn her emotions off even if they exist. My eyes landed on a new figure who came up beside her and wrapped his arm around her waist. I could tell who it was from those damn braids. ASAP Rocky.

I always felt uneasy when he came around while we were together, and she always insisted that nothing was happening between them or would ever happen again. Clearly, that was a lie. I discreetly took a deep breath in and out, exhaling any questions I had for whatever they were doing together out into the abyss. That was none of my business anymore. Good luck to them.

After dispelling the negative thoughts, I felt an arm wrap around my waist. I looked down at my left hip where a hand rested with the fingers splayed out. Only one person could pull off a bejeweled manicure covered in designer logos like that. I looked to my other side to see it was none other than Onika. 

She looked up at me with a coy smile. My mind was going a mile a minute. I haven't seen or truly talked to her either since the music video shoot. I wasn't avoiding her as much as I was avoiding Robyn, it was just hard to find the words to say after everything that happened.

The photographers cooed at us as I pulled the smaller girl into a hug, careful not to get her makeup on my outfit.

"What are you doing here? I know you don't fuck with awards shows anymore," I said in disbelief.

"I know, but you do." Her arm snaked its way back around my waist again and she rested her unoccupied hand on my chest to display her manicure as the cameras flashed. A smile broke out on my face and I knew I looked like a cheesing idiot, but I couldn't help it. This is the best surprise I could've asked for tonight.

"There go my parents y'all!" I turned my head to see Megan and her team coming toward us. She's been calling us that since the video shoot started and it makes me wonder how obvious our attraction is for each other.

We gave her a congratulatory group hug for all of her nominations this year which included Hot Girl Summer. She'd been so successful this year that I've seen her at literally every ceremony I've gone to, some of which I came to just to support her.

"Is there anything you all want to say to Megan tonight?" An interviewer who materialized out of thin air with a microphone asked.

"Just that I'm so proud of everything you've accomplished so far and how excited I am to support you in the future," I spoke up first.