Loud (Rihanna x You)

This is way shorter than normal but idk that made it less stressful, I gotta start doing more like this so I can get these out to y'all.

Your POV

Your POV

Call me sadistic, I don't care, but I daydream about the day that the landlord slaps a bright red eviction notice on apartment 203's door. I fantasize about "accidentally" spilling a gasoline container right outside of their door when they're not home and throwing a match to it so the space is an uninhabitable pile of ashes. I pray that one day they violate the lease or can no longer afford the rent. Or, you know...they can move on to greener pastures, get a raise or signing bonus at work, and move out, but that idea does nothing in terms of my yearning for vengeance.

I've been living next door to the mysterious inhabitant of apartment 203 for six months, and all six of those months have been absolute hell. It's currently three o'clock in the morning on a Tuesday and I should be asleep. Any normal person under normal circumstances would be, but unfortunately, I don't get to enjoy those aforementioned normalcies, and you know why?

I'm broken out of my angry entrancement with the ceiling fan as the vibrating of my headboard against the wall becomes more intense due to the increased force of the rhythmic knocking of the neighbor's headboard against the wall. The sound quickens and I swear I can hear the sounds of ecstasy falling from their lips. I curse under my breath, flip over onto my stomach, and bring myself up onto my knees. I raise my fist to the adjoining wall and knock back forcefully.

"Can you please shut the fuck up?" I projected my voice loud enough that I was sure the occupants heard me.

But hearing doesn't mean that they'll care. In fact, they only get louder, which should be impossible. I know the sex can't be that good, they're just doing it to spite me. Bang! Bang! Bang! I don't know how much more of this I can take.

You'd think I would be used to it by now, considering it happens at least three times a week, but I guess you could say I like to see the potential good in everyone and convinced myself that maybe one day they'll change. In fact, in the beginning, I tried to be nice about it. I slipped a note into their mailbox, even taped a folded note to their door, and it never seemed to work. So, that's when I started complaining to the HOA, but they take forever to come around to fix a broken AC unit so my neighbor's obnoxious sex life is likely the least of their worries.

I grumble a string of obscenities under my breath as I get out of my bed and pull my bed away from the wall to stop the vibrations although I know I'll still hear that rhythmic thumping for a while. Anything to diminish the noise is better than nothing, especially because I have an important company meeting tomorrow. I climb back under my thick blankets and balance two pillows over my head. They'll muffle the noise for the night or they'll smother me to death. Either way, the pillows will put an end to the racket. I forced my eyes to close and eventually fell into a fitful slumber.