The Preacher's Daughter (Normani x You) Part 1

Normani's POV

Normani's POV

Miss...Mary...Mac, Mac, Mac!
All dressed in black, black black!
With silver buttons, buttons, buttons!
All down her back, back, back!

"Can they shut the hell up?" Ryan whined as she plopped down next to me on the empty seat on the coach bus.

"We have a long three days of this so you better buckle up," Keith said with an arm slung over the seats behind us.

"Don't remind me," I grumbled.

The pair couldn't hear me over the giggling, talking, and loud hand clap game three different groups of kids were playing simultaneously. Lord knows I don't want to be here, but it's not like I had much of a choice with my dad being the pastor and all. Ryan and Keith's parents volunteered them to come help me over the long weekend without knowing that they're a couple who have been sneaking around under the guise of teen Bible study night. Now they're not so sneakily about to be a couple sharing a hotel room.

"I have a feeling you're gonna be the one to get me through this weekend," I told Victoria who was sitting in front of me. As my best friend I basically pointed out that she has no choice but to accompany me on this awful trip to prevent me from an unwanted throuple.

"Hey! We're gonna get you through it too! Isn't that right, bae?" Ryan asked Keith.

He smiled, gave me a nod, and pulled Ryan into a kiss. The bus erupted into a chorus of 'eww' and 'yuck' from the kids. At least I see I'm not alone in that sentiment.

"How far out are we from the hotel?" I asked the driver, seeing as the sun is setting and we still have to get all the kids dinner and get the rooms sorted out.

"About an hour, Miss Hamilton." I fought back the groan at the tip of my tongue.

'Sixty minutes, I can do it,' I thought. I went into my backpack and sifted through the contents in the front pocket until my fingers brushed against my airpods case.

I know my dad had told me that I couldn't use them because I had to be watching and listening to make sure everyone was behaving and no fights started, but I couldn't take it anymore. I put them in my ears and started blasting The Miseducation of Lauryn Hill album, praying that it would give me the strength to not jump out of the emergency exit on this bus.

Your POV

I sighed as I stood outside the front door, listening to the phone ring. Four times. Five times. Then, much to my dismay, dial tone. I glanced back at the car to see Kehlani looking at me through the passenger side window of the car and making funny faces. I playfully rolled my eyes. I trotted back down the front steps, down the driveway, and out onto the street where I had parked the car. Kehlani rolled down the window while laughing at herself.

"Any luck?" She asked me.

I shook my head. "The key isn't in the lockbox and they're not answering the phone."