Kiss Counselor (Normani x You) Part 2

Y'all be asking me to make full books out of these little plots that I wrap up in 2-3 parts I simply can't 😭 Maybe if I dragged out the plots I come up with but by the time I publish part 1 it's too late, that's half of it right there!

Didn't proofread, you've been warned!

Normani's POV

By the time we pulled up to the party, it was in full swing. People were walking across the crowded lawn holding hands and alcoholic beverages and the music was blaring.

"Damn, I knew we got here late but I didn't think we were that late," commented Ryan as she looked out of the backseat window of Lori's car.

"Late is on time when it comes to these sort of things," I pointed out.

The car came to a slow stop on the curb. "Okay, I'm gonna let y'all out here and go park."

"You sure you don't want us to go with you? I don't want you to have to walk back in the dark," I said.

Lori waved me off with a smile. "Nah, I'm good, go have fun! Damson's waiting for me there. I'll be in good hands."

"Oh, so you aren't leaving the parking lot at all tonight," I teased with a raised eyebrow.

"Yes, Damson!" Ryan moaned but it was quickly cut off by our collective laughter.

"Y'all can both get the hell out of my car,"
she joked, but we knew it wasn't really one. The sooner Lori got rid of us, the quicker her and Damson could recline these seats.

"Alright, thank you for the ride!"

Ryan and I climbed out of the car and waved goodbye. She smiled and waved at both of us before pulling off.

"We probably won't be seeing her for the rest of the night," Ryan assumed.

"Yeah, hell nah, she's gone," I replied.

It only took me a few seconds to remember why I was here tonight and suddenly Lori's antics completely faded from my mind. As I scanned the crowd I quickly got overwhelmed. Tonight was going to be a challenge.

Ryan must've sensed my existential dread because she looped her arm around mine and gave me a supportive nod.

"It's gonna be nearly impossible finding him between the yard and the house," I pointed out as we haphazardly moved about the constantly moving crowd.

"Maybe not that hard," Ryan said.

I gave her a confused look but she was looking off in the distance. I followed her line of sight and saw DK and a group of other football players on the front porch of the house. DK was leaning against one of the giant white columns with a beer in his hand and a radiant smile that I could see from here.

"Ryan, I can't do this."

"Sure you can," she insisted. It was then that I realized the hold she had on my arm served a purpose greater than just being a friendly gesture because she used it to yank me up the lawn toward DK and his teammates.

My protests were drowned out by the music since we were walking in the direction of the speakers which were sitting in the grass at the front of the house.

"You ready?" Ryan asked now that we were within shouting distance of the group.

"Ryan, no. Please. Not like this, not yet."

"Fine, Mani. But you're gonna have to at least walk past him."

I let out a shaky breath and tried to ignore the sound of my heart thumping in my ears as we approached the football players. They all turned to look at us, including DK, and I felt my knees buckle. Luckily Ryan still had a death grip on my arm so I didn't get the chance to drop.