Kiss Counselor (Normani x You)

This will have two parts, I was originally gonna make it one but then I felt like it didn't flow well together. Part 2 will be out very soon! This is inspired by a request from 4 months ago, I'm slowly going through them!

Normani is your college roommate and has made you nervous from the moment she walked into your shared space dragging a suitcase behind her on move-in day. Her inquisitive expression when she entered to see you the first time made your heart stammer, but nothing could've prepared you for the friendly smile she gave.

She was a gorgeous cheerleader, so you assumed you'd never connect. You prepared yourself for nothing but superficial conversations, and that's exactly how things started. But one day a few weeks into the fall semester you both randomly started talking and you just couldn't stop. You've been inseparable since.

Your conversations ranged from favorite food, Normani's happens to be chicken wings, to your love lives. That's how you found out that she had become infatuated with DK, the star wide receiver at your university. It was the classic cheerleader football player love story trope waiting to happen. Like we've all seen in the books and movies, no one can intervene in that.

Your POV

"Y/N," Normani called out to me in a singsong voice as she entered our shared dorm.

"What's up?" I inquired without looking away from my laptop screen as I sat at my desk doing homework.

"I've made my mind up, I'm no longer watching DK from a distance. I'm going to tell him how I feel."

I internally groaned but replied with a quick, "uh...okay."

I heard her backpack thump to the ground behind me. She strode toward me and said, "Y/N, I'm serious this time."

"I'm sure you are." My fingers danced across the keyboard as I gave the majority of my attention to the assignment. This isn't the first time Normani has come in here with a surge in confidence about talking to DK, and I'm sure it won't be the last. So I just kept giving her my pre-prepared encouraging script.

I felt the computer chair tilt backwards as she leaned against the back of it.

"I'm glad you believe in me because you're gonna help me."

My typing immediately ceased and I turned around to face her fully for the first time since she entered the room.

"I'm sorry...you want me to do what?"

"Help me get him," she repeated and I immediately shook my head, "Oh come on, please, Y/N?"

"No, actually hell no. Why do you even want my help anyway? I don't even run in the same circles as you two, you have a way better chance of doing it on your own," I pointed out.

"Y/N, don't make me beg," she whined.

I held my ground and intended to do so until the bitter end. Normani turned on her puppy dog eyes and placed her hands on my shoulders so I had no choice but to look at her. We were in a silent standoff for all of twenty seconds before I groaned in defeat. Normani jumped up and down with a squeal.

"You win," I admitted.

"I always do."

I rolled my eyes and turned back around to save my work. Of course she always wins because I have a soft spot for her and she knows it. But that doesn't give her the right to use it against me and remind me that it exists. I shut my laptop and turned back around to see her still standing there with a content smile.