Material Girl (Part 3)

Sorry for the wait, I hit a roadblock with how I wanted to end this but I figured it out! Also, didn't proofread!

Your POV

"So you really expect me to believe that your great aunt, once removed, who I've never heard of after all these years of knowing you, died...and you were written into her will?" Megan asked with a straight face, giving me an unamused slow blink.

I nodded with a shrug, "What can I say? Gotta love aunt Pearlene."

The day following Beyoncé's unexpected money transfer, I went to the landlord with a check in hand. Somehow in my surprise at my sudden turn in economic status, I neglected to tell Megan that I had come into some money that I paid the missing rent with. I guess she went down to the office to submit a payment today and the landlord commented something about us being only five hundred dollars away from completely paying off the rent for next month.

"Bitch where did you get the money? And be real with me. I know you ain't making thousands mixing up coffees for college students at a Starbucks."

"Why do you wanna know so bad? Shouldn't you just be happy that the rent is paid off? Why question how it got paid off?"

She crossed her arms and got closer to me, "Because, if you're doing some illegal shit, I wanna know what it is."

"I'm not doing illegal shit," I promised, "morally questionable, absolutely. But illegal is far from it. I'm not going to jail."

"So where'd you get the money?" Megan repeated.

I looked down at the kitchen counter in thought. Now was the time to make something up that would actually be believable. I let out a drawn out sigh, really just trying to buy myself some time.

"Y/N!" Megan snapped.

"Okay, okay, so look. You know how I've been spending a lot of time with Jhené recently? Well, it's because we're running an OnlyFans account. We fell off for a while but recently the views have picked up and the money has been coming in."

She threw her hands in the air, "Why didn't you just say that? Had me thinking you robbed somebody or something and the whole time you're just fucking your ex and getting paid to do it."

"I didn't want you to look at me differently."

Megan placed her hands on my shoulders and said, "Y/N, I'm a bottle girl who works at a strip club. You doing OnlyFans doesn't matter to me, stop talking crazy. Besides, I got something even more surprising than your second stream of income."

I crossed my arms. "Which is what?"

Megan dropped her arms from my shoulders and swung them at her sides, making her seem antsy. "Well, I'm having my freestyles looked at by a producer tonight and if all goes well...I might be getting signed to a label."

I was the first one to break out into a smile and we both started laughing immediately after. I pulled her into a hug and congratulated her.

"Y/N, this record deal is gonna be for both of us, not just me. You helped pay for my rides to the studio when I didn't have it, and even helped pay for my studio sessions. If I make it-" I cut her off.

"When you make it," I corrected her.

"We both going up," she finished and we did our handshake and laughed.

My phone vibrated on the counter and I picked it up. It was another unsaved number, also known as Beyoncé.

'Julius is outside waiting for you,' the text read.