Up in Flames (Beyoncé x You)

I am done with finals week and made it back home which means I'll be back on my shit FINALLY.

Omniscient POV

Beyoncé saw red, literally and figuratively. She stood at the end of her driveway, frozen in disbelief. Bright red flames and lights danced in the sky and smoke billowed out of what had been her first home since graduating from college.

A large hand landed on her shoulder and she turned to see a firefighter with a hose in his other hand, "we're gonna need you to move back behind the truck, ma'am. It's not safe this far up."

His rugged voice was what brought her out of her trance that felt like an out-of-body experience. Her hearing had been restored and she heard shouting, a lot of it, and the crackling of her house as its wooden frame fell into a giant bonfire.

She felt like she was floating as an officer came and lightly pulled her back to a safe distance away. Had it not been for them, she probably would've stood there and watched the flames all night until they were licking her face, leaving burns on her. She felt like she had already been burned emotionally, actually being lit ablaze couldn't be much worse.

"Bey!" Kelly, Beyoncé's childhood best friend called out and ran over to her. "What the hell is going on?" She exclaimed over the commotion.

"I don't know," Beyoncé mumbled, "I just came home from work and it was like...this. I didn't even call it in, I was in shock. The neighbors did."

Kelly pulled a still stunned Beyoncé into a sympathetic hug before leading Beyoncé over to her car. They leaned against it and watched as the firefighters tackled the tall flames.

Kelly explained that she was on her way home from work herself when she saw the smoke coming up over the trees a couple streets over and went to go be nosy, not even thinking it could possibly be her best friend's house until she was finally on the street. Their stomachs growled in unison and they turned to look at each other.

"Damn, if I would've known I was getting a front row seat, I would've stopped by the store so we could make s'mores," Kelly said as she leaned back against the hood of her car. This hadn't been on today's agenda for either one of them.

Soon the flames went away, and with it, all the personal items Beyoncé had amassed in her first twenty six years of life. She looked up at the sky, exhaustion replacing the adrenaline she'd once felt.

'All this for what, God?' She thought angrily.

"Uh, excuse me, Ms.Knowles?" She looked down and was eye to eye with one of the officers on scene. The officer glanced over at Kelly who was texting on her phone, and then back at Beyoncé.

"It's fine, anything you say to me you can say to her," Beyoncé told them as Kelly slid her cellphone back into her purse.

"Well, we did some testing and it seems an accelerant was used to make your house burn faster."

"What the hell does that mean?" Kelly asked.

"Ms.Knowles...we have to take samples back to the lab for more testing to see exactly what it was, but it's looking like this is going to be an arson. That is...this is going to be an intentional act."

Beyoncé's head slowly turned to look at Kelly who looked like she had many questions at once.

The officer took out their notepad like it was nothing, like this was something normal and inquired, "Do you have any idea who would do something like this to you? Anyone at all?"

Beyoncé rubbed her hands together like she was cold, although that was impossible with the heat still radiating off her house, and shook her head.

"You a damn lie, Beyoncé. I've been knowing you since you were ten, you can't hide from your friend, girl. Tell this damn man who did this shit, I know you got some ideas bouncing around," insisted Kelly.