The Weekend (Part 2)

There's a little scene in here...I'm really blessing y'all

Solána's POV

"I'm not seeing the problem here," Normani told me before biting into another breadstick.

It was Friday and she finally got back into town yesterday. I jumped at the chance to meet up because I had to talk about this with someone or I felt like I was going to explode.

I had fully caught her up on what I had been going through the last week. I told her about what happened between me and Y/N that night and how even though Ryan did come home for Wednesday and Thursday, also known as 'Lána days' as promised, things between us just aren't the same.

"What do you mean you don't see the problem? Everything is the problem!"

"I think you should just do what you want with Y/N. Just go for it, I mean it's obvious Ryan doesn't give a damn so why should you?"

"Two wrongs don't make a right," I reminded my friend.

"No, but they can make you feel better. She did it to you, you should do it back. Show her how it feels." Normani suggested with a shrug.

I sighed and swirled my straw around my iced lemonade in thought. Honestly, her advice, which was devil on the shoulder advice, was hard for me to process. Normani made it sound easy, but for me it's not.

"You're such a nice girl Lána, you're so loyal. But that's not always good. You're loyal to a fault, it obviously enabled Ryan to just do whatever she wanted. There's nothing wrong with who you are, but there's something wrong with who you give access to it."

I thought it over. "Even if I wanted to go see Y/N...I hurt her feelings. I told her no and pushed her away because I'm with Ryan and I just...couldn't do it."

"How do you know you hurt her feelings?" Normani asked with furrowed brows as she sipped her sweet tea.

"She looked like a hit dog. Like she wouldn't even look at me anymore she just got her shit and left without a word. We haven't spoken since."

Normani waved me off. "You'll think of a way to get her to answer. It doesn't even necessarily sound like she's hurt, maybe she just gave up. Sounds like you're projecting how you feel onto her a little bit."

•        •        •

I went back to Ryan's and immediately went toward the bedroom. I paused in the doorframe and stared at her intently as she slept, clutching a pillow in my absence. I went into the bathroom and gave myself a once over in the mirror. I looked like shit, but obviously I didn't look like that to anyone else. That's just me projecting how I feel yet again.

I washed my face, brushed my teeth, and wrapped my hair up for the night. I left the bathroom and went into Ryan's closet where I found one of her random oversized graphic tees and put it on. When I walked back out, she was still knocked out.

I carefully got into the bed, hoping she wouldn't wake up. But she must've felt the heat radiating off of me and the bed dipping because she sleepily tossed the pillow down by the foot of the bed and wrapped her arm around my waist.  Seconds later, her breathing evened out again telling me she was back asleep.

Of course I didn't have the heart to tell her to move. She needed the sleep anyway since she was leaving again tomorrow afternoon to spend the weekend who knows where doing who knows who. I just knew it couldn't be Y/N. I could tell when she said she was done, she meant it. I drifted off to sleep, hyper focusing on the feeling of Ryan's limp arm on my waist. She doesn't even hold me as tight as she used to. It's like she knows I could go, that I'm free for the taking, but I won't leave so she doesn't have to hold on.