hello

My name is Mark.

I work at a top secret government organization called the SCP foundation. Scp stands for secure, contain, protect.

The scp foundation's task is to capture and contain dangerous objects, entities, and monsters that can't be explained by science.
And we must keep the public unaware of us at all costs.

Right now, I'm sitting in the cafeteria of one of the most famous facilities owned by the foundation, Site-19.

I'm drinking a coffee, two cream, two sugar as I watch other researchers and guards sitting down at other tables talking about random shit like assignments or personal things.

I sat alone as I usually do. I didn't actually mind it for the most part. But it would be nice to have a friend to talk to every now and then.
The PA system let out the familiar beep before a voice began announcing events.

"Come and join or annual movie night this Saturday, this year's film, Star trek: into darkness." Said a man's voice on the PA.

(Because fanfics need a star trek reference.)

I finished my coffee and went to toss the cup away.
As I walked to the trash can, I could feel a few stares, Sympathetic glances. Everyone knows about the apartment incident.

(Flashback)

I was sitting in my apartment watching television when all of a sudden, there was a loud boom and the ground shook. Then the ceiling collapsed on top of me. I managed to get it off and look out the window, but there was no window. The bomb shell had taken out half of the apartment. I had a deep cut on my chin. A shard of glass must have cut me.
I heard screaming. I ran to help whoever was in trouble. But I was met only with lumps of flesh that looked vaguely human. To my horror, they were still alive and screaming for help, for relief, for their mothers. I watched a little girl crawl towards me with a melted face, screaming as she burned to death.

(Flashback end)

I felt the scar on my chin from the incident, a tear rolling down my cheek. I got up and walked through the halls passing by the occasional researcher, logistics, E&T, ethics committee, etc.

A few containment specialists were talking about revising containment procedures on Scp-096.
(Reference to my 096 fanfic)

I passed by a blonde haired woman in a black turtle neck sweater and a labcoat with a black skirt, and thigh high boots. I immediately recognized her. It was
Dr. Buck.

She was followed by a younger, brown haired, dorky looking fellow in glasses, beige slacks, sneakers, and a gray polo shirt with an ID badge

I was unfamiliar with the new guy.

Dr. Buck walked past with obvious annoyance on her face. She was always called a prick by the other researchers. But she was just professional. If anything, a role model for what the rest of the personnel should act like. But she was still cold hearted.

But right now, her annoyance was justified. She was on tour duty. Which means dealing with Junior researchers. Y'know, the wired graduates who are literally crapping their pants for being transferred to such a famous site.

I nodded to her and smiled.

She didn't return a smile, she never smiles.
But she did acknowledge my presence.
"Dr. Wheeler." she said.

She walked past followed by the brown haired boy.

"Ah fuck it. She is probably gonna need help with him anyways." I said to myself as I followed them.