well... that escalated quickly.

(this chapter will be really long. And I will actually follow up with the shipping because I know you guys were waiting.)

The next day...

I was walking down the halls towards 3887's cell for the interview. I opened the door to find Dr. Buck sitting across from 3887-A.

I sat down in the other seat.

I looked to the observation room. Strangely, there was no one else there.

I shrugged it off and read the first question on the clipboard.

"Okaaaay... First off, could 3887-B or "Grenda" join us for the interview?" I asked.

"Oh that wouldn't be the best idea." Said 3887-A

"Why not?" Asked Dr. Buck.

"Well she feeds on fear, but I haven't been scared lately, she has been getting hungrier." Said 3887-A.

"Perhaps we could find a solution to 3887-B's appetite" said Dr. Buck.

"You can call her Grenda if you like" said 3887-A.

"I'd rather not. It's not best to humanize the anomalies" said Dr. Buck.

"Well do you think I wanted to come here? I was living a normal life until-" she started.

"Until what? Until your Boogie-man decided to tear your boyfriend's limbs off?" Asked Dr. Buck.

"She was trying to defend me! She thought I was in danger." Said 3887-A.

"Yes it was defense. But under the same principle as when your dog bites the neighbor and gets put down. You must understand that I don't feel the least bit sympathetic towards your situation" said Dr. Buck.

"You don't know her! You don't know me!"
Said 3887-A, with tears forming in her eyes.

"Yes. Nor do I want to, I dont get Into the habit of forming relationships with test subjects." Said Dr. Buck.

I watched this argument going down, I knew it wouldn't end well.

"If I may, I would really like to get back to the interview." I said, trying to break up the would-be fight.

Dr. Buck sighed and sat back down.

3887-A wiped her tears away and cleared her throat.

I was about to read the first question on the clipboard when the lights flickered.

Then they shut off.

"How many idiots does it take to change a light bulb?" Asked Dr. Buck.

"It was probably Dr. Bright playing with a stunstick. Fucking idiot. Anyways, the backup generator should kick in soon" I said.

Dr. Buck stood up and began banging on the door.

"Why the hell is the door locked?" She asked.
It sounded like she was panicking.

"Are you alright?!" I asked.

"Yes, yes I'm fine I just want the door unlocked!" She said.

"She's hungry" said 3887-A, her eyes emotionless and dead.

A shadow emerged from underneath the bed at the end of the room and floated towards Dr. Buck.

She screamed and closed her eyes.

I acted before I thought and pushed her out of the way.

The Shadow flew towards me instead. It grabbed hold and everything went black.

I woke up in what appeared to be a small cave. Except it was completely closed in.

My head hurt. I groaned. It felt like I just fell from the roof of a small house.

I stood up.

"I feel... Fear from you" said a voice.

"What the hell?!" I shouted, whirling around.

"Not exactly who I was aiming for. That bitch would have been better. But I'm starving. It doesn't matter." The voice said.

My vision cleared and I saw a shadow, seemingly projected from nowhere.

It was scp 3887-B.

"Let me out of here or I swear to god..." I started.

"Or what?! HM?!" Asked 3887-B.

I heard a sound. A sound I never wanted to hear again.
An explosion.

THE explosion.

I was suddenly back in my apartment.

"No, please! Don't make me go through this again!" I said.

The apartment then lit up again and I just managed to climb out of the rubble.

I remembered what happened next.

I closed my eyes and covered them... but i could still see!

No matter how much I covered my eyes, I could still see the image in front of me.

I could still see the melting corpses crawling towards me. One of them grabbed my leg and screamed before dying on the spot.

I screamed as well.

The corpses and the apartment all fell away and I was back in the cave.

I collapsed to the floor and began sobbing.

(No one's POV)

Mark was on the floor curled up in a ball, crying and screaming for help.

A medical team was on the scene to try and help but they knew that nothing they did would help until 3887-B let him go.

Dr. Buck was scared. She didn't know why.
She had never felt this way before.

Seeing Mark on the floor in a sobbing mess made her sick to her stomach, wondering what ever he could be going through that broke him down like this.

She almost never felt sympathy for anyone, At all, ever.
She hesitantly reached down and held his hand.

Several others were watching from the viewing area.

"What is she doing?" Asked lawrence

"Aww it looks like someone has a crush" said Carson.

Lawrence grabbed him and kicked him right in the balls.

"You don't deserve those" said lawrence.

Carson gasped and collapsed to his knees.

"I am so glad I never have to experience that" said Dr. Collingwood, staring at Carson who was still on the floor.

"Be grateful, it hurts like shit to get kicked there. I'm actually starting to regret it now" said lawrence.

As soon as Carson could actually talk, the first words he uttered were "fuck you!".

Carson stood up and kept watching from the viewport.

"It looks like Mark is awake!" He said.

(Mark's POV)

I jerked awake and began crying again. I could swear I felt a hand caressing my back. But I was probably imagining it.

Someone poked a needle into me and I began to feel faint. The doctors put me on a stretcher and carried me to the infirmary.

I could feel a hand holding my own. I didn't know who it was. I couldn't open my eyes. The light was blinding.

I didn't care who was holding my hand. I squeezed their hand back.

I then fell asleep.