riker.

We walked into the site.

Amelia was being carried in a stretcher behind me, keeping an ice pack on her head.

"Son of a b*tch!" I held back the urge to throw something like my gun or a chair.

Carson patted my shoulder.

"We will find Leo and he will get what he deserves" carson assured me.

"We need to get a team out there, Leo hasn't been found yet." I said.

I heard the gates open behind me.

"NOW HE HAS!!!!" Screamed the voice of Leo, running and smacking me in the back with his rifle and bolting off.

I fell forward.

A burst of pain shot up my back and into my mid section.

He laughed before resuming his excited run.

A few guards ran after him, unholstering their tasers.

"Y/N!" Yelped Molly, running towards me.

She helped me up onto my feet while lawrence and carson helped Amelia get to the infirmary.

I could barely straighten up, my back felt like shit.

I was leaning a bit to the right, the pain in my back was too much.

(Based on a real life injury I, the author, sustained. Dont worry, im all good now.)

"Are you okay?!" She asked.

"I dunno. Im gonna pop by medical. And somebody find out how the hell Leo got back so fast!"

I awkwardly walked with them, occasionally wincing when the pain moved to another spot of my mid torso.

We arrived and the doctor had me and amelia checked out.

"Shes got a minor concussion. She will be fine in about 2 weeks. Make sure she stays Minimally active for at least a week." He suggested.

"What about me?" I asked.

"You have a muscle strain in your back, probably from the reaction of being hit. The pain may come on and off randomly for a month or two, try to stay out of RRT for a while. And run slowly. Eventually the pain will stop. Or we can give you some scp 500 once we get the request approved." he said.

"Oh god, you look like... Whos that star trek guy again?" Amelia asked.

"Which one?"

"The tall, hot guy with the beard" she said.

"Ouch. Riker?"

"Yeah, him. You look like him with the way youre standing, all tilted" she said.

"Well my back feels like shit right now so... Yeah"

Amelia was moved to her office while i awkwardly waddled to the security office where i saw Leo in one of the cells.

"Well well well if it isnt the scarred chin emo" he pointed to the scar on my chin.

"Hows your back doing?" He asked.

"I look like Jonathan Frakes thanks to you" i replied.

"How the hell did you get all the way back so fast?" I asked.

"I know the van driver personally, i hitched a ride after you guys loaded up the anomaly, i was secretly in the passenger seat of the armoured van you drove next to the whole time, i hid near the entrance and waited. Then i made my move!" He explained.

"I dont think you'll be allowed your MTF role ever again. Your gun is being taken away. What was this all about? Why are you such a dick? Why did you try to kill carson?!"

"Carson killed my sister!"  He spat.

"He did NOT. Even if he did, what kind of shit does it take to drive a man to try to kill someone for revenge?!"

"He deserves it" he said.

"You know what? I feel your pain. Ive lost a few good people. But killing someone over it?! Its unthinkable. Its appalling!"

"You almost killed carson once." He said.

"But being able to stop yourself, like i did, as well as feeling guilty afterwards, is what draws the line between an angry person, and a phsycho. You didnt have so much as a second thought, or a first one for that matter. You just tried to kill him and thats that!"

"All it takes in one punch in the wrong spot and at the wrong time, and both your lives are changed forever, I hope you realize that one day"

(Actual Quote from My Dad in 2021, talking to me after i beat up a bully. A very wise man with a daring riker beard.)

He didnt seem interested.

I sighed and walked off.