survive the day.

I had been let out of my cage and was allowed to leave the site. Me and Amelia had planned a date later tonight.

We would meet at a nice restaurant and hopefully they let couples eat free.

I know I'm being a bit of a snob for wanting it free. after all, we get paid about $150 a day.

It's just convenient.

Though, in the meantime, I should have enough coffee and beef jerky to last the day until then.
But today wasn't that fun.

Agent green wouldn't leave me alone and constantly vented all his anger at me in the most harmful ways possible. He even ended up pushing me and/or spilling my drink when nobody was looking, to which I reacted with a sigh each time.

Amelia saw and came to shoo him off.

We then retreated to a closet where she would hug me and let me cry into her shoulder.

We would spend a few extra minutes in there to chat and check up on eachother. She still didn't laugh at my or anybody else's jokes, she doesn't laugh, but she was still kind and she was still there for me when I needed it.

So much has changed in the span of a few weeks. Me and her went from barely knowing one another to being in love with one another.

I had a run in with Carson later that day.

He whispered the word "virgin" into my ear.

Everyone heard it and prepared for the worst.

I turned around.

"shut up! You pillow hugging, Meru the succubus watching, lonely bastard!!" I said.

He mimicked a crying face.

"Boo hoo" he said.

"Awwwww is wittle Carson crying?" I teased.

I was at the end of my rope, i was turned to an asshole by the other assholes.

He immediately stopped and walked away, embarrassed.

A hand touched my shoulder.

I turned around.

It was Amelia.
It was always a relief to see her gorgeous face.

"Hey, I'm here to drive us both to the restaurant ." She said.

"How come the gal has to drive?" Asked Carson.

"Next time you get a girlfriend, you can decide who drives. Until then, keep hugging those pillows" I said to him, with a shit eating grin on my face.

"Apply ice to burned area" said amelia.

We high-fived

Carson walked off again, having been roasted a second time.