dessicated (trigger warning)

We landed on the lunar surface. About 10 km from the area 32.

I put on my pressure suit.

I tried to open the hatch on the pod. But it opened inward so the air pressure inside the pod cleverly prevented it from opening.

"We have to let out the air first, stupid" said Carson.

He pointed to a circular receptacle on the side of the pod.

"Carson! Don't be so mean!" Said molly.

I walked over and slipped the panel off and was immediately hit by several small, flying objects like loose papers and pieces of dust or grime.

It was like a hurricane in here for the next 15 seconds before I closed the receptacle, stopping the flow.

I then went and opened the hatch.

I looked out onto the lunar surface. It was gorgeous. But I was still too broken to notice.

"Area 32 should be that way" I pointed off in the distance.

Amelia immediately noticed my mood and came to help.

She and I sat down on a nearby rock.
"Are you okay?" She asked.

"I don't know" I said.

Agent green (Tom) hadn't talked through the whole mission but for some reason he decided to speak up now.

"Will you two ever stop treating eachother like babies?" He said.

"We just lost Mr. Moore! This is the second person he's lost in just a month! Back off!" Amelia snapped.

"Jeez." Said Tom.

"Why does everyone have to keep being a dick to Mark? What did he ever do?" Asked molly.

Molly also sat down next to me.

"Wow, what a sob story, I can definitely see how it gets the ladies closer" said Tom.

I stood up and walked over to him.

"Matt is fucking dead!!! When are you gonna get that through your fat ass, cigar smoking, beard-not-matching-the-colour-of-your-
hair, head?!!" I yelled.

He mimicked a crying face.

"MATT IS DESSICATED!!!!! WE JUST WATCHED A MAN BECOME DESSICATED!!!!" I screamed.

"Mark. Calm down" Amelia said.

"Matt fucking died and Tom is cracking jokes about it!! Close that damn hatch, we can settle this In the pod!!" I yelled.

Amelia walked over to me and grabbed me.

She pulled me into a hug.

I turned off my comms and began crying.

Amelia caressed my back and held my hand.

"Why did we bring him if he was just going to be a wimp?" Tom asked.

Amelia looked at him.

"And you actually expected me to like you?" Amelia asked Tom.

I started to calm down, hearing Amelia defend me felt comforting. I was glad someone was still there for me.

I turned my comms back on.

"Are you okay?" Asked Amelia.

"I'm fine. We should keep walking to area 32, our air tanks won't last forever" I said.

About 2 hours later...

We could see the base from here.

We kept walking along. But we were beginning to worry because of all this sharp dust that covered the ground. There was no wind on the moon, so there was no resistance to dull the sharp dust. It could slice right through our suits if we weren't careful.

"Just another 750 metres to go" I reminded them.

another 30 minutes later...

We made it to the airlock.

I opened it up.

The red flashing lights came on but I couldn't hear the alarm because it was a vacuum in here.

Everyone walked in and I closed the door behind us.

I locked it and pressed the button beside it.

The room began filling with air.

I could begin to faintly hear the alarm.

It got louder and louder before stopping.

"Pressure stable" said the C.A.S.S.I.E voice.

(Central autonomic service system for internal emergencies.)

I opened the second door which made a slight hiss as the pressure from the airlock and the rest of the site matched.

We took out suits off and put them on the shelves on the wall.

I could hear voices coming from the site, and several personnel were walking around, completing tasks.

Two security guards with tasers ran to us.

"Who are you?" One of them asked.

"We are from site 19. Your all clear signal ceased" said Amelia.

We showed him our badges.

They holstered their tasers.

They escorted us to the site director.