Drinking

Song in media was my inspiration for this, generally songs inspire me alot so don't be suprised if there will be more references to some other songs or audios from the internet In the future

Btw from now on I'll be adding ages to the characters so yuh

Genre: All hail angst

TW: 4lcohol1sm, sm0k1ng, se1f h4rm, su1c1dal talk, swearing

Characters: Wilbur (20), Technoblade (22), Phil (41 >:)), Tommy (17)

A/N 28.02.2024:
I know what Wilbur did. I am siding with the victims in this situation. What he did was awful. This fanfiction was written in May of 2022. It will stay on this platform but be aware this is fiction and I no longer support Wilbur.

====================================

Being the middle child isn't easy.

Wilbur can talk from experience.

It was always a fight for attention. He got a B+ from a very hard math test? Doesn't matter, Tommy drew a picture of our family to hang up on the fridge. He was the best at volleyball in his class? Doesn't matter, Techno leaned new fighting skills to defend himself and his family with.

Only once did he get a bit of attention, when he showed them his musical skills. He made a small performance and they all clapped at him and said he had a big talent and overall congratulated him.

But after a while he was just "the one who can sing" and even the singing started to annoy the family. So he had to lock himself in his own room to do what he loved and wanted to share, but couldn't.

This resorted to some trust issues. He never had many friends, only two or three stayed with him after highschool.

For the job, he was performing at many clubs and restaurants. His father had an antique shop where he worked at with Technoblade and for Tommy, well, he was still in highschool. Him and Wilbur were pretty close as the brunette was the one to give him rides to school.

When he came back home one day, just at the end of his senior highschool year, he was really happy to tell his family he got his dream job(lets pretend he works in something like an agency that sends him to those places to perform) . He walked in and threw his backpack to the ground.

"Guys! I have some good news!" He said with a grin plastered on his face.

"Firstly, don't throw your backpack like that," Phil scolded him lightly. The brunette picked up the backpack and put it down gently, but his excitement didn't wear out. "Secondly, what's the big news?"

"I GOT MY DREAM JOB!" He yelled.

"Stop yelling, as far as I know Technoblade over there is trying to read a book," he pointed at the figure on the couch. Techno just muttered something and went back to reading. "And congratulations. I honestly hoped you would help me with my shop like Techno did, but your life is your life."

This made all the excitement wear off almost imidietly. Wilbur went up the stairs to his room and shut his door. He sat on the bed and was about to sigh loudly but he hard a quick and harsh knock on the door.

"Is that true?! You got your dream job?! The one you told me about?!!!" The loud blonde as usual didn't wait for permission to walk in.

"Yea it's true," the brunette pulled a weak smile.

"Hey Wil, what happened?" Tommy sat beside his older brother. "You okay?"

"I'm fine, it's just...,"he sighed. "I feel like dad and Techno don't care about it... Like they don't care about me."